Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weekend Mods

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 11:39 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Weekend Mods

Special thanks to Disco Fever for being true Land Rover fanatic. He sacrificed his time to help another Disco owner out. We took on a few mods over the weekend at his house. Our kids played while we worked/played.

- Away went the 3 Amigo's plus one after a year of headache's.

We replaced the pads and changed the fluid. I went with Hawk LTS front and HPS rear since the LTS are not produced for the rear. Rotors are stock w/47k miles on them. In addition we performed Josh's mod well actually Disco Fever performed the mod. Took it over to British 4x4 to clear the codes and my dash was once again normal. No more Christmas tree!

In addition we removed the rear tail pipe. He said it looked too Rice boy. LOL. Removed the plastic tray near the oil filter. And then the bonus...

I had a crack down the center of my stock bumper. He had his Borttof 'Little Guy' bumper that he was going to sell. He has an ARB on his front now. He gave me a deal that I could not refuse and installed it.

Swapped his Tom Wood's drive shaft w/my stock. I had a vibration that I swore was my drive shaft. It turned out to be the tires... go figure. The mod had been done well over a year ago w/the u-joints and I thought the center bearing was the culprit or should I say housing.

Total labor- 'free'
Beer- 'free'
Hospitality- 'free' (Ended up crashing at his house as we worked til 2AM)
Memories- 'No price tag'. I have a new Disco friend and my son has two new friends.
Future- More mod work on both our vehicles. He has a Borttof rear bumper to be installed and I want to one day get sliders.

We tested the Disco the next day and it performed flawlessly!

Special thanks for helping another Disco owner out in a tough time as I have been laid off and funds are currently tight. He offered to help not knowing much about me and doing it for the sheer passion he has for these vehicles.

Thanks again!

Pictures are in my gallery

Old 02-01-2011, 11:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

are you guys in San Antonio?

Old 02-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Rock Crawling
Default Location

Disco Fever- St. Augustine, Florida
Zonk872- Deland, Florida

Distance is about 1.5 hours between our homes. Not anywhere near Texas... sorry.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Rock Crawling

yeah just saw that the reason I asked we have a british 4x4 here in town ...nice rig!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:54 AM
TReK
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Love that new bumper! Looks great!

Old 02-01-2011, 11:58 AM
Rock Crawling

Thanks! Not sure if British 4x4 is affiliated with the other one. Check out what they did with this Freelander. It's on a D1 chassis.

Attached Thumbnails Weekend Mods-brycevisit1-001.jpg  
Old 02-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agthird....I'm out in Castroville. Have two Disco's a white 01 SE (wifes), and a 02 white gold SD. What should I be watching the streets for.

Old 02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agthird and texmbr, I am from San Antonio, currently at college in Austin. I take my car to British 4X4, I'm not sure if either of you have gone there, but Brett has been my mechanic since I got the car

Old 02-01-2011, 02:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brett and Josh are great. They know their stuff. Just wish they would get some Series II Terrafirma kits in. LOL.

Old 02-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Rock Crawling

do any of you guys have an amigo scanner...lol...I'm looking for a freebie but I will buy beer and food....also looking for some guys to hang with...texmbr I have owned 4 land cruisers my 80 has 235k with the original head gasket...

Quick Reply: Weekend Mods