Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Discovery II (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/)
-   -   Western Washington Off-Roading Trip - Presidents day weekend! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/discovery-ii-18/western-washington-off-roading-trip-presidents-day-weekend-19196/)

pilsner 01-23-2009 10:49 PM

Western Washington Off-Roading Trip - Presidents day weekend!

Our last outing was so successful we had to have another one...

WHERE: FT LEWIS training areas (they arent used and we are military so no trespassing issues) south of LACEY WA

WHEN: FEB 14-16 (it involves a campout and bon fire) PRESIDENTS DAY WEEKEND

WHY: Why not?!

WHAT: Water obstacles, mud, hill climbs, and lots and lots of trails along with us shooting on the improvised rifle/pistol range (its actually an old gravel pit but its what we have...)
The first day is going to be the muddy day at the training area, followed by bonfire/campout/BBQ with a trip up to Capital Peak forest on day 2.

COST: Zero other than fuel, beer and bullets.

NOTE: most of the people going are driving modified jeeps so I need as many rovers there as possible to uphold our image - xb70valkarye did a FANTASTIC job on our last trip!

SAFETY NOTE: MANY OF US GOING ON THIS TRIP ARE MILITARY, SO WE ARE PRETTY STRINGENT ABOUT KEEPING THE DRIVING AND SHOOTING SEPERATE FROM THE DRINKING.

WHAT TO BRING: your vehicle (preferably a land rover but we have a BUNCH of jeeps going too along with some pick-ups), LOTS of beer for after the driving is over, firewood is "furnished" (we ARE in a forest), camping gear, we have some tow straps, recovery gear, and winches but bring yours too, and whatever food you will need for a 3 day trip.

NOTE TO "COOKS": we are having a BBQ the first night so if you have a decent receipe for on the grill bring it along and we shall see if you measure up to the "fat kid"...

CONTACT INFO: brian jaynes
pilsner22oz@yahoo.com
360-481-3563
LEAVING: leaving my place promptly at NOON on Saturday 15 FEB returning... who knows when.

pilsner 01-23-2009 10:51 PM

RE: TRIP NOTICE - seattle area!

capital FOREST not capital peak...oops!

AK Rover 01-23-2009 11:10 PM

RE: TRIP NOTICE - seattle area!

Did the pics from the last trip get posted yet? I am eager to see what I missed out on. Once again I wish I could make it but won't be able to. I am getting laid off from my job February 14 so I will be going home to look for a job. Poor excuse to miss what sounds like it could be a great trip I know.

pilsner 01-25-2009 12:16 AM

RE: ANOTHER TRIP NOTICE - seattle area!

participants so far:

3 jeeps
1 dodge pickup
2 land rover disco IIs
one 3 month old chocolate lab

who is next?

pilsner 01-25-2009 02:13 PM

pics from last trip are posted under "trip pics - seattle area!"

xb70valkarye are you going again?

Jupiter Rover 01-25-2009 05:16 PM

If I lived closer. ;)

pilsner 01-25-2009 06:04 PM

UPDATE: another couple is going.
he is gonna try out his nissan pathfinder off-road.
i have the thought that we are gonna be towing him a lot but who cares...

if you are in a days drive you oughta be there - LOTS of muddy fun is had by all...

pilsner 01-25-2009 07:14 PM

RE: Western Washington Off-Roading Trip - Presidents day weekend!

as i have a 3 month old chocolate lab puppy that basically runs our household, everybody is welcome to bring their dogs...

lrd2 01-25-2009 10:34 PM

by the last pics looks awesome but i live in miami i dont thing i would make it there by the 15th lol

xb70valkarye 01-25-2009 11:31 PM

I will be there. With chainsaw this time.

Fred