Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what am i missing here?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 06:14 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what am i missing here?

just bought an 04 D2 S and had a quick question, what am i missing on my fuel door? I think that I need a new actuator because I don't hear anything when I push the button but haven't checked any fuses or anything however I know that something just seems like it's missing back there. I know that these pics are not the clearest but hopefully someone can identify what if anything I need to buy.

Attached Thumbnails what am i missing here?-photo.jpg   what am i missing here?-photo-2-.jpg  
Old 12-21-2010, 06:18 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbarr89
just bought an 04 D2 S and had a quick question, what am i missing on my fuel door? I think that I need a new actuator because I don't hear anything when I push the button but haven't checked any fuses or anything however I know that something just seems like it's missing back there. I know that these pics are not the clearest but hopefully someone can identify what if anything I need to buy.
It might help to identify if we had a picture of the inside/rear of the fuel door.

What do you have to do to open the door currently?

Old 12-21-2010, 07:15 PM
Mudding
Default fuel door

did my pictures not show up? There's a metal pin that's about 2mm around that sticks out about 5mm, I assume that there is supposed to be a piece that fits of the metal.
Right now the door is just open, it won't close/latch because that pin sticks out and hits the part on the door that I think it there to catch the door and keep it closed. I'll try to take better pictures tomorrow.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Drifting

I think you are missing this part. I had to replace mine too

Fuel door latch

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/BPX700010G.cfm

Old 12-21-2010, 07:44 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sbaldwin243
I think you are missing this part. I had to replace mine too

Fuel door latch

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/BPX700010G.cfm
What he said, buy at least 2, you will break the first one putting it on.

Old 12-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Drifting

I can get you a picture tomorrow from mine, but it basically attaches to the gas door and that pin locks into that plastic piece. I think they start to wear or stretch out or break.

Good luck.

Scott

Old 12-21-2010, 07:58 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

plastic door latch!!!!!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:13 PM
Mudding
Default got it!

I searched multiple sites and google until I saw how that piece attached. I saw that piece and was 99% sure that was the problem but had no idea where it went. I am going to order 2 of them.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:26 PM
2nd Gear

Bump -

I have a similar problem.

1) Does the plastic piece you mention fit on the door to the fuel tank? or does it fit inside the metal where the pin actuator is?

2) My problem is that ours broke and the door kept coming open. I bent the latch of the foot (the peice of metal with the hole in it) closer to the pin and the pin was going in and out and was locking the fuel tank door. That was good for a few weeks, now the pin itself want back into its hole and will not come out.

3) I know the pin actuator is still working. When I hit the dash button I hear the clunk clunk of the pin going in and out, but the whole actuator (this is what I think the piece the pin goes in and out of which is housed inside the hole) must have somehow been moved towards the rear of the car, thereby preventing the pin from coming out.

4) I need to find out how to get to the actuator, which I guess I have to remove the entire interior back passenger side (US car) plastic to get access to this piece, but it sure seems like a very difficlt endevour.

If anyone can give any help I would appreciate it. Maybe someone has had the same problem with the pin not coming out of the hole and can give me a tip on how to coax the pin through the hole.

Could someone could point me to a photo that shows how the replacement piece above fits onto the door. I mean this is anenormous piece for such a small door, I can't even begin to fathom how the piece pictured would even have the room to fit there.

Could someone give me a pointer to any utube about how to take off that interior trim that conceals the interior of the rear passenger near where the gas tank actuator sits?
Please advise. Thanks!

Old 07-10-2011, 05:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Spike555
What he said, buy at least 2, you will break the first one putting it on.
^^^what he said.

Quick Reply: what am i missing here?