Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 01:01 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 235 Likes on 172 Posts
The following users liked this post:
JUKE179r (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:48 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Now that was a good laugh!

Old 11-02-2018, 06:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
Does that mean you'd be interested in selling it?
Most likely will be selling it. Even have brand new in box lamps for it.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:22 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by MrNails
Watched my 04 DII sit in the driveway yet another day. Really need time to swap out the t-stat and at least get it half-driveable... (I've been working 70 hrs/week for so long now that I took my current daily driver ('12 Xterra) in to a garage to do normal service that I can do, so that I could sit in the lobby and work on my laptop some more)

anyway, once it's driveable, gotta get it down to Rover Bones (www .britishboneyard .com) and get the heads replaced with refurb ones so I don't keep painting the heads green with antifreeze. Along with that, need valve cover gasket, front cover re-sealed and will have to replace harness for driver-front O2 sensor. Replaced all 4 of them and can't get voltage reading from that one... most likely due to the amounts of oil that the valve covers paint that harness with.

This truck USED to be my daily driver; now it has moved to 'project car' status.
Are you local to the Lancaster area?

Old 11-02-2018, 06:34 AM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vwauditech
Are you local to the Lancaster area?
Hummelstown

Old 11-02-2018, 06:46 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by MrNails
Hummelstown
Cool. I'm in Lancaster, work in Lititz.

Old 11-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,239 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Default Case of Mistaken Identity:

I drove my 99 D2 to work today as I had a light day of calls, and it was so nice out I wanted to enjoy it in a LR. I got to my first call which was a job site to open up an ATM so the IT people could run some CAT5E. The contractor comes out and goes OH MAN I JUST SOLD MY DAUGHTER ONE OF THESE... I was like oh really? He said yep that is one powerful I6 in those things and that's strange yours doesn't have a power rear cargo door window.... He went on and on how it was such a great engine, and how unique it's configuration was. He asked me to pop the hood and then he went truly nuts with OMG YOU'VE slapped in a frigging V8.... I nicely replied nope it came from the factory with it. He was like oh right right it was an option in later models. He then went inside to do some stuff and I helped the IT folk. About 30min later I see a 90's Toyota Land Cruiser pull up. Woman gets out and it was the contractors daughter lol. He came out looked at it & then my D2 and said oh hell I thought yours was a Land Cruiser..... Then he asked what a Land Rover was.

Made me laugh for sure. I then went out to lunch with a friend and I had about 5 dudes walk around it and look at it lol. I guess the old gal is looking good these days or something.

Last edited by Best4x4; 11-02-2018 at 08:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Richard Gallant (11-03-2018)
Old 11-03-2018, 09:18 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Nice work!

Old 11-03-2018, 09:51 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 246 Likes on 198 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4
I drove my 99 D2 to work today as I had a light day of calls, and it was so nice out I wanted to enjoy it in a LR. I got to my first call which was a job site to open up an ATM so the IT people could run some CAT5E. The contractor comes out and goes OH MAN I JUST SOLD MY DAUGHTER ONE OF THESE... I was like oh really? He said yep that is one powerful I6 in those things and that's strange yours doesn't have a power rear cargo door window.... He went on and on how it was such a great engine, and how unique it's configuration was. He asked me to pop the hood and then he went truly nuts with OMG YOU'VE slapped in a frigging V8.... I nicely replied nope it came from the factory with it. He was like oh right right it was an option in later models. He then went inside to do some stuff and I helped the IT folk. About 30min later I see a 90's Toyota Land Cruiser pull up. Woman gets out and it was the contractors daughter lol. He came out looked at it & then my D2 and said oh hell I thought yours was a Land Cruiser..... Then he asked what a Land Rover was.

Made me laugh for sure. I then went out to lunch with a friend and I had about 5 dudes walk around it and look at it lol. I guess the old gal is looking good these days or something.

that's funny!

Old 11-03-2018, 01:10 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Best4x4

That is such a great story! More evidence of how clueless people are and why the auto industry goes the way it does with so many things outta whack! Most peoope don't know what they have or what they need, they just buy the first shiney thing they see in a showroom or on a lot.. bahahaha -chewing cud..

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?