Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2018, 09:59 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Just about to order all the bits needed to overhaul my front drive shaft -- Moog joints and the tool needed to press them in and out.

Question though -- I do have an aftermarket front shaft but i have no idea what it actually is Should i measure the diameter of of the caps or just go with the Moog/Precision 344's and 617 that keep coming up in search after search and hope they fit?

Old 11-18-2018, 03:52 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Worked this weekend to replace the front left wheel speed sensor to get rid of the amigos.

After splicing into an existing long wire sensor lead to the ecu the PO put in, my amigos are gone for now.

What started out to be a simple project was made complicated by a lug nut being rounded off and the others torqued on there so hard my Snap On 1/2 impact couldnt reverse it.. had to almost stand on a 1/2” breaker bar.

Stupid PO.

Hammered on a bigger impact socket onto the rounded off lug and broke it loose thank god.

Then the rotor wasn’t placed on correctly so the screw wasn’t lined up with the hole. Banged that off with a dead blow

factory connector for the abs sensor wasn’t working so I had to make a splice into the other long lead abs wire going back to the ecu. Should have started off that way.

Cleared the amigo codes then drove it. Also cleared three other codes that were historic. (Right Rear outlet valve and shuttle valve) looks like a newer shuttle valve piece on the module.

The lights came back on once but went back off. Cycling old programming maybe? Drove it more and they never came back on. Fingers crossed.

Tested the TC and Hill descent. Ready for winter I hope.

The following users liked this post:
piperff (11-25-2018)
Old 11-18-2018, 05:49 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Disco 2 wake up

Drove it............Four years ago it drove into a shop and there it was put asleep soon to become a part out. Well This summer I spotted it sleeping behind the shop..
Shop owner said owner disappeared, so I bought it for 500 ,towed it home and the project begins..a little paper work with the State 2 months later my title came.
Today I drove it for the first time, 75 miles .
Next run will be out to my friends lift and asses the undercarriage gold...

The_OGCJR (11-19-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts

I thanked your post because there isn't a like button...lol

KC: after I did the option b fix on my abs modulator, my amigos did the same thing. They have only come on once for a few seconds a long time ago.

piperff (11-25-2018)
Old 11-19-2018, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Had my very own version of “Planes Trains & Automobiles” over the weekend! I did a last minute surprise trip to the PNW to visit my family before the holidays.

Flight up with Alaska Airlines was fine minus the man next to me with bad BO & who removed his shoes during the flight (just like in the movie). Visited with my mom, brother, sister in law, and their little girl.

Then it came time to check in with Frontier Airlines...... It took forever, but I finally had my e-ticket/boarding pass. Then 6hr before the flight home they changed the plane & I was automatically bumped off.... Well good old Frontier’s next flight was a 12:55am arriving in Denver, CO at 5:00am & then I didn’t fly out until 9:00pm and I didn’t get into Houston until 12:30am... that was totally unacceptable!! I had to call in and use a sick day due to no more flights out on Sunday with Frontier. Then I said F this tried to get a refund & had to have WWIII just to get my $$$ back. My wife found the only other flight out thru American and it wasn’t booked yet. However it was double the cost of Frontier... so more $$$ out the window! Well American was awesome with two good flights with no issues at all.

I then get dropped off at the 20 acre parking lot (once again just like the movie), and my 99 D2 will not unlock via the remote which is odd. Red light was flashing normally so I tried the door key, and oh it apparently decided to be totally seized up... Lot staff was ZERO help, so after an hour and a half in the misty rain I said F this to myself and I was going to just bust out a window (plenty of spares at home). I banged on the glass several times, alarm goes off, I quickly press unlock on the remote & bingo I’m in and it starts right up!!!!!

Only thing I think of is the alarm was triggered while I was gone (however the LED was flashing normal) or my computer went to sleep and flatlined lol & needed the alarm to be triggered to wake back up. Either way my trip home was truly from HELL....

Once I was able to get inside the old gal everything was fine lol. Just frustrating & I didn’t actually lay down until nearly 4:35am vs around 2:30ish.

Safe Travels over the holidays guys & I’d truly avoid Frontier as they seem like a big airline with Cessna 172’s vs Boeing 737’s so 200 people get bumped while 4 get a seat!

Old 11-19-2018, 09:04 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I've learned that when flying, spend the extra on the larger airlines. The small guys are small for a reason

Old 11-19-2018, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2,237 Likes on 1,660 Posts

Yep I totally agree, my wife made the flight reservations lol. I am a United, American, Delta, and Southwest guy.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:16 PM
Drifting
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Disco 2 wake up

Drove it............Four years ago it drove into a shop and there it was put asleep soon to become a part out. Well This summer I spotted it sleeping behind the shop..
Shop owner said owner... get it gone...
4 months later..and after getting a clean title...Drove it over the last few days...124 miles ... No serious issues...

Old 11-19-2018, 11:08 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 256 Likes on 214 Posts

Just waiting on some Moog parts and the driveshaft party should begin..

Name:  1NnlXWI.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  273.0 KB

Old 11-20-2018, 03:42 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 846 Likes on 633 Posts

Hey Saturnine... let us know how that ball joint tool kit holds up while using it.
I've been wanting to buy that particular Astro kit due to the amazing positive Amazon reviews about it.

Last edited by JUKE179r; 11-20-2018 at 03:49 AM.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?