Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 05:43 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 99 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by number9
Change your air filter element just prior to getting codes?
Didn't touch a thing actually. Just popped up pending and my obsessive nature to have no codes is driving me to chase this rabbit.

That an my fuel economy is horrendous.

Old 01-29-2016, 06:19 AM
Winching
Received 37 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tennessee Disco
Now I have to figure out the SES codes for a misfire in cylinder 4. what's the best place to start?
If you need to know what the code is, should be a P0304. The last number goes with the cylinder. P0305=5, P0308=8, etc. Or did you mean chase down the cause? The list is usually check plug, wire cap secure, wire bad, ignition coil dirty, faulty (usually not just one terminal goes bad), clogged/messed up fuel injector, air leak past the MAF, etc.

The following users liked this post:
Tennessee Disco (02-03-2016)
Old 01-31-2016, 10:57 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed Terrafirma medium duty lift kit and steering damper. It's awesome!
Didn't have to disconnect sway bars at all so bonus!
Got many inches out of it because I had lost 2 inches in the factory springs here at 170k miles. That, paired with the 2 inch clearance I got from moving up to 33" BFG AT T/A KO2 tires gave me a solid 6" lift from where I was before. Awesome!! Bring on snowmageddon!

Luckily I still have 2 more inches clearance in my garage door after lifting! Hmm, if I get steel bumpers now, I bet I could get another inch for garage clearance, and then I could get a low profile rack on the front half of the roofline... And then a winch... And the cargo storage drawers...and a dual battery...and an air compressor...and..and...

Old 01-31-2016, 10:59 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I made it back to Fairbanks (will be heading back down to Washington later this month, would up with a place outside Bellingham).

The Disco was rock solid all the way from Haines to here, except that the windscreen fluid FROZE at one point along the way ... ... life in the boreal climes ...

Didn't stop to take any pics on the way up; perhaps on the way back down, as I'll be taking the road all the way (I jumped on the ferry from Bellingham, WA to Haines, AK and spent three days aboard it instead of driving) and am going to try and pace the trip a little slower.

Biggs did a great job on tweaking the machine!

Old 02-01-2016, 10:33 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts
Default Rock Hard Red Sealant -- Slowed Water Pump R&R

Mid 70s so good afternoon for pump replacement. Used my trusty ramps for better access to block drain plugs and to allow 5 gallon bucket beneath vehicle to catch drained fluids.

This was my 2nd time removing block plugs and re-installation was much easier this time, unless you fear getting dirty just do it. Plugs removed for more complete block flushing and to drain as thoroughly as possible because system refill will be made using 50/50 premix. Upon removal found a significant amount of coolant left in the block, pump inlet hose had been remove but didn't think to remove long pump bolts prior to plugs to see if that would have made a difference.

Once pump removed newly accessible areas degreased/cleaned. Then on to old gasket removal. This may be original pump since no changes are recorded in mx records. Prefer to use non-metallic scrapers particularly on aluminum. Tried heat gun with no joy and will need to resort to the metal ones when resuming tomorrow.

Interestingly found another chunk of old plastic sitting in the by-pass valve port of my week old thermostat after having accomplished several prior flushes.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-img_20160201_160359076-1-.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-img_20160201_160702494.jpg  

Last edited by number9; 02-01-2016 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 04:34 AM
Baja
Received 317 Likes on 311 Posts

got outside to changed the fluids and wash and waxed it, you don't get to do that on FEB.1st in New England to much it was 65 degrees today

Old 02-02-2016, 10:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

drove like a rock star through a foot of snow here in Colorado this morning - hurray BFG AT KO2's and Terrafirm lift kit!!! now, will be even more fun when i get my new hub and sensor in the mail... cuz then i'll have traction control too!

Old 02-02-2016, 11:30 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonRedRover
drove like a rock star through a foot of snow here in Colorado this morning - hurray BFG AT KO2's and Terrafirm lift kit!!! now, will be even more fun when i get my new hub and sensor in the mail... cuz then i'll have traction control too!
Wow... that sounds like fun!
any pics?

Old 02-02-2016, 01:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just a little love...

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-image.jpeg  
Old 02-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 189 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by RawFaith
just a little love...
Love: just saying no to 10w-30. You should be fine but you might want to look at the WM oil specs, particularly the recommendations for non-NAS vehicles. If you start hearing a tapping at idle after warm it will be a hint to use a higher viscosity oil.

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?