Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Picked two 2.5gal shell t5 10w30 jugs for $15 each. Looks like they're clearencing em out

Old 08-11-2017, 04:09 PM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put my CD player back into operation today. Had to remove the passenger seat, remove, open and replace the CD unit, but a simple fix. I heard many suggestions that I update the system with some more current technology, but that old stuff is the reason that there's a seventeen year old truck in my garage.

Now to chase down the leak in the sun roof.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:49 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by The Deputy
Heading north with the rover and grandsons.

We haven't had much rain this month...as you can tell by the grass...so mudding is probably out of the question. But, we'll make the best of it.

Brian.
Love those tires.

Old 08-11-2017, 06:28 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 851 Likes on 634 Posts

I got stopped by a Smyrna GA policeman for my rear lower brake lights not working. I told the cop those are fog lights that don't light up unless I hit the fog switch. He asked me why would Toyota have fog lights on their Land Cruisers? I cringed and said I have no idea.
He let me go after that. Ugh...

Old 08-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 115 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by JUKE179r
I got stopped by a Smyrna GA policeman for my rear lower brake lights not working. I told the cop those are fog lights that don't light up unless I hit the fog switch. He asked me why would Toyota have fog lights on their Land Cruisers? I cringed and said I have no idea.
He let me go after that. Ugh...
WOW... lol.. at least he let you go! I get people asking me all the time 'is that a Jeep?'

TODAY I picked Bertha up from the body shop (have been missing her all week) - had rust removed and patched/repainted inside the rear passenger door/wheel well area, had them take a look at my rocker panels (a little rust but not in need of repair yet), and also the front right pillar by the windshield (no rust thank god).. looks like I have a windshield leak that I'll have to tend to but at least it's not the pillar. They bathed and buffed her and made her look real pretty.. so much so she decided to throw the rear hatch door open while I was driving down the road. It's interesting how you take something in to get it fixed and leave with something else that needs attention.. I'm missing a black cap off of a bolt where the rocker panel skirting attaches and the carpet is sticking up where it should be hidden under the plastic panel cover. Eh.. at least the corrosion is gone - for now. They did great color matching too at a very reasonable price.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Pulled my rad to flush it and clean the fins. It was badly blocked and the fluid in the bottom portion of the rad was pretty gross. Tomorrow I'll put her back together with a new 180* t-stat and some new new fluid. Last time I did a coolant flush was about 3000 km ago when I did the water pump.

I also have a factory "2" switch for front driving lights. Do these switches hold on or do I need to create a holding circuit for it? When I play with the switch, it doesn't lock into position, same as the front and rear fog switches.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:00 AM
TReK
Received 786 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by Twix
Do these switches hold on or do I need to create a holding circuit for it? When I play with the switch, it doesn't lock into position, same as the front and rear fog switches.
Those are momentary switches. They don't lock on. You could probably change the face plate on a cruise control switch though, since those ones do lock.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:18 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mollusc
Those are momentary switches. They don't lock on. You could probably change the face plate on a cruise control switch though, since those ones do lock.
So they go through the body control module? Is there a spare circuit in the for lights? Or just the G4 trucks that had factory driving lights?

I guess I can find a cruise switch and swap the face too

Old 08-12-2017, 07:59 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 184 Likes on 157 Posts

My rover has an odd leak...

Old 08-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally finished up the heads, gaskets and valve cover project after 6.5 months of sitting in my garage with the engine torn apart and even got a quick wash. Now onto the rest of my list of things to do to it!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?