Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:03 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looked and walked around it.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jump started a fire truck.

Old 03-24-2013, 01:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by willrok13
....and installed a Columbia Overland dual battery tray! Things are coming together...
So I'm new to both land rovers and off-roading. Why would you want two batteries? I assume when you load your rig up with lights and a winch etc that it pulls more from the battery. The alternator doesn't charge it backup enough? I was planning on getting one of these. My buddy who has one of the most tricked out Disco 2's I have ever seen has one on his hood and it trickle charges his battery all day.

Streamlight SolarStream™ Series - Streamlight SolarStream™ | Streamlight

PS. His Disco 2 is going to be featured in the next issue of recoil magazine.

-Seth

Old 03-24-2013, 03:00 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pulled the headliner off! It was easy at first, then a bit frustrating near the end, but it came out reasonably easy once I had all the panels off. It really is an easy thing to really make the car look better.

I sanded down the foam and primed the headliner, started painting with the paint I bought that was matched to the plastic at Lowes, but I was disappointed by it, as it turned out to be a dark peach color. I think I'm just gonna go with black and pick up some paint tomorrow and redo it. Thankfully though I didn't put the headliner back in before I realized how much I didn't like the color!

Name:  885400_10200815056879586_894203290_o_zpsc983fc92.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  46.9 KB

Old 03-24-2013, 06:46 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 890 Likes on 642 Posts

ScreamingLife, don't do it! Don't paint your headliner black! There's a better way!

Seriously, I think I would hate a black headliner in my Rover. I can't believe it's been over three years since I did mine. I was looking at it again just yesterday and thinking how glad I am that I painted mine, and the color is just right. And is is nice and bright inside.

I took a piece of the old fabric to Home Depot and asked them to match the color. It came out great. Here are pictures of the paint can label and the color formula sticker from the lid. Your Home Depot or Lowe's, etc. should be able to match this perfectly using the color formula. My truck's interior is Bahama Beige.

Here's a link to my thread on the topic over on DWEB - D2 Headliner - Lessons Learned.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do with your DII today?-behr-color-formula.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-behr-label.jpg   What did you do with your DII today?-redrover-headliner.jpg  

Last edited by mln01; 03-24-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Drifting

My headliner is on my list next. Personally, I am going with a high grade glue and a faux light grey suede. I love the headliner in a porsche cayanne so I want to imitate that

Old 03-24-2013, 08:22 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

I'm lucky to have a non sagging headliner at 157k, I can't believe it. Thought he vehicle did stay in a garage for the first 100k in Arizona. If it starts to sag I will be reupholstering it professionally.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Replaced the factory headunit with a Bluetooth aftermarket unit ( JVC kd-x50bt). Installed with the axxess aswc to keep steering wheel controls though I couldn't get the mode button to work but volume and skip controls is good enough for now. Also realized I flipped the door lock switch the wrong way so need to correct that. Outside of maintenance just have the headliner to recover, though that may be a few months until I have a spot to do so and to paint the wheel arches. A brush bar and roof rack would be nice as well but I don't have much need for them yet unless I find a good craigslist deal

Last edited by jdwilks; 03-24-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by IBUFFEM
My headliner is on my list next. Personally, I am going with a high grade glue and a faux light grey suede. I love the headliner in a porsche cayanne so I want to imitate that
You will probably have a hard time finding suede in 64" width. I thought about doing suede on mine but we couldn't order it (dad has an upholstery shop) and its more difficult to work with anyway. Would look nice matching the doors though

Old 03-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Mudding
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I know both
Headliner express
WLS Headliners
Have 64 wide headliner material that you can order along with the glue. From my experience just make sure to practice several times before applying glue and with the headliner so big and so many curves in the discovery make sure to have a second person

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?