Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do with your DII today?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:47 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Madlands
Then to finish it off my airbox lid clips have been broken for months and I've just been using zip ties. Decided to dremel the plastic clip holders down flush on the lid and used 2 $3 draw hasp I got from lowes. A little snug but works perfect. would much rather spend $6 on clips than pay for a new lid.
Pics of the airbox lid modification please. I need to do this on mine too.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:19 AM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
Please tell me it was at least a 2004/05 Impreza WRX STi, blue with gold wheels! That is the only way I could be okay with this trade!
2014 Forester (my son already has the STi) I realized I have things other than the Rover that I want to work on.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Decided to add some pictures of my inline thermostat installed. I know there's a few loose wires, just ignore those. I am working on rewiring my temp gauge.

What did you do with your DII today?-img_3272.jpg

What did you do with your DII today?-img_3274.jpg

What did you do with your DII today?-img_3273.jpg

And if anyone wants to check out the airbox lid clips I added I made a thread for those.

https://landroverforums.com/forum/di...lip-fix-58556/

Old 04-23-2013, 04:01 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Madlands
Decided to add some pictures of my inline thermostat installed. I know there's a few loose wires, just ignore those. I am working on rewiring my temp gauge.

Attachment 15672

Attachment 15673

Attachment 15674

Looks good, Im planning on doing this as well, Ive read pretty much all the debating on this and I still think its a worthwhile mod... got some part numbers or a thread on it?

Old 04-23-2013, 04:22 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks good, Im planning on doing this as well, Ive read pretty much all the debating on this and I still think its a worthwhile mod... got some part numbers or a thread on it?
I read all the debates I could find too, and after about a month decided I might as well. I tried the newer 180 degree thermostats, but I never had much luck with them. Also being a full-time student in mechanical engineering I am all for trying to improve something.

I used this thread,Inline Thermostat - LAND ROVER CLUB V.I.. I just did the top hoses a little different so I didn't put so much stress on the U-shaped hose. It's working great and is leak free.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:18 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

So glad I've had a little free time lately to work on the Disco. Every night I've gotten something done. Tonight it was the throttle body heater plate, and throttle body to manifold gasket. Hopefully nixing that slow coolant leak onto the driver side exhaust manifold that's been driving me crazy!

Old 04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZGPhoto
Installed the slickrock fab disconnects, they're great!
SlickRock Fabrication -- EE -- Expedition Exchange Incorporated
That is on my short list of things to do. After I change out the diff fluid, this will probably be next up.

I ended up finding those diff plugs I asked you about, they were by X-Eng. I ended up order a pair along with the old style brass plugs so I didn't have to bother with plastic plugs when re-installing the plugs.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:00 PM
Rock Crawling

I drove it home from the shop!

It's like a whole new truck! Runs smooth as silk, quieter, and NO LEAKS! *knock on wood*

Old 04-24-2013, 10:01 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamingLife
That is on my short list of things to do. After I change out the diff fluid, this will probably be next up.

I ended up finding those diff plugs I asked you about, they were by X-Eng. I ended up order a pair along with the old style brass plugs so I didn't have to bother with plastic plugs when re-installing the plugs.
Damn X-eng makes some sweet stuff! Love the X-pant!

Old 04-24-2013, 11:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Rovin Rovers replaced my Transmission Cooler and lines and got me up and running again. Finally back up and running!

Quick Reply: What did you do with your DII today?