Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what is a good year for the discovery?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Default RE: what is a good year for the discovery?

You can have my DI when you pry it from my cold dead buttocks.

I'll buy a DII when they offer the TD5 in the States.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: NiteTrain

apcollin, used DIIs can be bought for less than you probably think. Thanks to all those moms there are lot of DIIs out there and they took the HUGE hits on depreciation buying them new.

yeah you are right about that, but it didn't seem as much the case when i bought my D1. picked it up w/ 73k for $3,700 2 years ago... at the time i wasn't seeing any DII's for under $8,000 but now i'm seeing them for around $6,000 and some even less.

Old 10-15-2008, 09:13 AM
TReK
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Urban Panzer

Maybe so, shame you guys cannot get them if thats what you want, but the defender is to agricutural for me persoanlly, the Disco is the perfect on / off road toy.
The Disco II's are to Yuppie for most people that want a true 4X4 and if they had kept importing
the Defenders they would be as cheap as Disco's,,,,

Old 10-15-2008, 09:16 AM
TReK

ORIGINAL: nars1000

thanks for the information and points fo views, so far im leaning more towards the DI's so far..

You can not go wrong with a Classic Discovery I,, just look long and check everything
they are harder to find ,, a good one.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: Landzu

thanks for the information and points fo views, so far im leaning more towards the DI's so far..

You can not go wrong with a Classic Discovery I,, just look long and check everything
I was going to buy a 1998 Disco I Kalahari but it sold before I could get my hands on it. After letting that one slip away I researched the changes made on the Disco II. I liked the traction control addition along with the other creature comforts they added. The rear overhang increase it noticeable compared to my buddy's DI. With the Bosch engine, wider axles, CDL (on early models/'04), and more interior space I am glad I chose the Disco II. As far as capability goes the differences between Disco I and II is negligible. For a more trail oriented rig I would have rather gone with the Disco I for its in-car CDL shifter and better approach/departure angles.

Cheers,

Pete

Old 10-15-2008, 01:53 PM
TReK

ORIGINAL: Switzer

I was going to buy a 1998 Disco I Kalahari but it sold before I could get my hands on it. After letting that one slip away I researched the changes made on the Disco II. I liked the traction control addition along with the other creature comforts they added. The rear overhang increase it noticeable compared to my buddy's DI. With the Bosch engine, wider axles, CDL (on early models/'04), and more interior space I am glad I chose the Disco II. As far as capability goes the differences between Disco I and II is negligible. For a more trail oriented rig I would have rather gone with the Disco I for its in-car CDL shifter and better approach/departure angles.

Cheers,

Pete

Sorry,,,,,, that the Classic Disco I got away from you you would have Loved it!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: Switzer

Cheers,

Pete

Sorry,,,,,, that the Classic Disco I got away from you you would have Loved it!!!!!!
I'm satisfied with my flavor of Disco.

Cheers,

Pete

Old 10-15-2008, 09:53 PM
TReK
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

switzer, you can install a in-car CDL shifter in your DII. I'm probably going to do the outside lever since it is so cheap.