Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What Spark Plug To Use With Stock Wire?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone for your response I think I've got a pretty good idea of the pros and cons of the different combinations of plugs and wires. Obviously there is a lot more to this than I ever imagined and I appreciate being able to learn from your knowledge ... and mistakes.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Disco Alan
Spike, have you tried running the Denso Iridiums with stock wires before the Duralast?

Alan
When I got my truck the CEL was on and one of the first things that I did was a tune up, I used Duralast plug wires with Denso Iridium spark plugs.
My truck had 152,change when I bought it so it did not have the original wires on it BUT it did have LR wires as the original owner (I am the second) of my truck had ALL the service done at the dealer.

Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Stock Champions worked best with my stock wires. I put the Bosch +4's in (stock wires) and wasn't as responsive. Don't think enough juice (voltage) was getting through to make a nice fat spark at the plug to ignite the mixture well with the +4's.

I bought a set of Magnecors last week for $700, but they came with a "free" parts Disco!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:39 PM
Mudding

Now let's say for now I go with the Champion Part # 71 {COPPER PLUS #RC12YC} (I think this is the stock plug) and when the original wires go bad I switch to Magnacor - will I have a problem running stock Champion plugs with the Magnacor?

Alan

Old 05-20-2009, 01:52 PM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Your stock plugs were platiumn Champions only sold thru the dealer. You ask for help, take it.
Don't down grade to copper that won't last neqarly as long go eithe the Champions or Plus 4's along with some wires, you'll be very pleased.

Old 05-20-2009, 04:12 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Stock for an 03 is different from what others have said their stock was. Mike is right, get the platinums. The +4's should work if you don't wait a long time for wires. But if don't want to do them as a set, You will probably be buying new plugs when you do the wires anyway. Whatever you do with, you have crappy wires. The plugs will foul eventually.

Old 05-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Mudding

Oh yeah I'll take help any day if I'm not so darn confused by conflicting info. The manual for my '03 4.6L says the stock plug is Champion RN11YCC which is a double copper plug (only available thru the dealer as far as I know).

I'm convinced that Bosch +4 and Magnacor work well on D1 and earlier D2 4.0L engines. Bosch doesn't even list a spark plug for my 4.6L engine even though I understand the 4.0 and 4.6 are very similar. Well I suppose I have to make a decision at some point so I've ordered some Denso Iridium 5305 IW16 (which is listed as the right plug for the '03 on Denso's site) and will probably be getting Magnacor and do them as a set

Old 05-22-2009, 06:18 AM

VIDEOS included - Forex trading
"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time, to the same stock index... forex trade signals that will make you rich! forex capital

Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience forex software If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex trades
One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! forex currency trading What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! free forex trading This is Guaranteed! learn to trade forex
There is no way to lose money! forex trader
Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! forex exchange
There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! forex signal This is when you can make real money! forex brokers
It is absolutely possible to have 9 or even 10 winning trades out of 10...

All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex chart

This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex currency excahange The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex managed account it can be used by anyone... even beginners.

Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... online forex It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! forex futures All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex review

Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. global forex This method have the potential to completely change your life. forex trade signal 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! forex com

Join us know... forex demo account I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! forex signal wow gold warcraft gold

Old 05-22-2009, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator
Received 105 Likes on 12 Posts

Great another solicitor...

Old 05-22-2009, 09:54 PM
4wd Low
Default Plugs and wire

Try Bosch Platinum +2's and MSD superconductor wires.

Quick Reply: What Spark Plug To Use With Stock Wire?