Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's in *your* ... tool box?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

I forgot a Maglite and jumper cables and my handgun when we go off roading...I saw "Deliverance", I'm not taking any chances.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:40 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

all i have in my disco right now is a HUGE breaker bar mated with a big 1/16 socket.(my car didn't come with the land rover tools, it can also be used very well as a weapon) a portable car jack for a Mercedes. (yes it is rated to hold the weight of my truck)i have the rover jack but i think I'm missing a tool to use it. 2 qt. of extra oil, a gallon of distilled water, duct tape+a small roll of electrical tape, a little hyper white flash light, and an extra twenty dollar bill in hidden in my glove box.

i don't do as much off roding as i want to YET so i don't go to over board with stuff. i just really carry the bare minimum, if something happens i can sort of take care of it enough on the road to at least limp my way home.

if im going on a trip or more then an 2hours away from my garage, ill throw in extra tools,

if im screw in around with my buddies and were PLANNING on going off roding ill bring a shovel, crowbar, and a bunch of my tools cause its alot harder to find an autozone or fishers way out in the middle of no where

Old 01-07-2010, 10:00 AM
Camel Trophy
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

duct tape, crescent, pipe pliers, ten in one screw driver, straps, coolant, oil, hacksaw, fire extinguisher, and a large hammer. That is just for in-town driving

Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Winching
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I replaced my drivers side factory plastic box with a home made speaker cabinet with a 12 inch Punch sub woofer which sounds great. I my remaining box I usually carry a decent set of sockets, both in metric and inches, a small gortex bag with assorted screw drivers, one with assorted open/box end wrenches and one with assorted types of plyers tools. The advantage to the small bags that I think I got at Lowes is that all your tools are more organized and I can easily grab the bag I need as they are color coded. I usually carry a Sears torque wrench and a ball peen hammer. If I am off roading I carry a separate bag with towing accessories, like gloves, straps and a pulley block. That bag just rides in the back or on the floor boards of the middle seat.

A crusty old mechanic once told me the only 2 tools you really have to have in any kit to get by with are a hammer and a vice grip wrench! Everything else is repetition!

Old 01-07-2010, 10:56 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Cell Phone. Portable DVD Player with some **** for the wait...

Old 01-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by antichrist
Only important tools

Nice but I use a lighter. Doesn't weigh as much and when I get really pissed i can set stuff on fire.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Rock Crawling

You use a lighter to open bottles?

Old 01-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it's easy. You grip the neck of the bottle close to the cap, wedge the back of a lighter or whatever and pry the cap off. With practice it's quicker and easier than a bottle opener. I could take some pics and do a write-up! Lol

Old 01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

write up please.

Old 01-07-2010, 09:26 PM
Mudding

wait, is this thread "How to open a beer bottle" or 'what sh*t is in your car now'
???

lol

Quick Reply: What's in *your* ... tool box?