Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats this plug??

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2015, 01:39 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr R
Yes I am Paul! That's good to know about the loose connector - I just saw it dangling around under my drivers seat whilst trying to sort the problem of the seat not heating up.

Going back to the heated seat - the fact that the car has hardly been used before I got it, I can't help thinking it's going to be something easy, also the passenger side works ok (according to my wife!). There's only the one fuse for both seats isn't there?

The switch lights and stays lit but no heat from the seat. Any ideas?

The fact that the switch's tell-tale LED lights in the 'on' position, tells me that you have power to the switch.

To confirm that power is being switched in the 'on' position, you'll need to check the following -

Wiring colours are for the RH 'driver's' seat (on the proper side )

With the switch, switched 'on', check that you have a voltage on terminal 1 of the 5-way Brown connector under the seat (Blue/Pink cable).

If you have a voltage at this terminal - then, you should be checking for a voltage at the seat heater module connector (C0755) -

The White cable on terminal 2, is its input

The Pink cable on terminal 4, is its output

If you have a voltage at both of these points - then it's almost certain that one of your seat heating elements has failed open-circuit.

The two elements (seat cushion, and seat back) are wired in series - so, if one fails, neither get hot.

As you've said, there is only one fuse for the heated seats - F15 (20A) in the passenger compartment fuse box.

This fuse also protects the cigarette lighter socket, dipping/compass rear view mirror, illuminated sunvisors, a connection to the BCU - and, for the US owners - the Homelink unit.

Here are the wiring diagrams for the LH and RH heated seats -

Name:  Untitled-2.jpg
Views: 1754
Size:  46.4 KB

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 1903
Size:  53.0 KB

(these are the diagrams for the heaters on powered seats, manual heated seats use different heater pads, which are wired differently)

Originally Posted by jafir
I'd check all of the fuses and relays first, then I'd start check for power at different locations along the way to the elements.

Oh, also I've seen the power window switches go bad if someone spills a beverage on them, so I imagine the heated seat switches might have a similar sensitivity. Maybe you could swap the two switches and see if the problem changes seats.

The satellite fuse box and relay under each of the front seats are for powered movement, and are not part of the heated seat circuit.

Also, the connectors for the LH and RH heated seat switches, are keyed differently, meaning that it's not possible to swap the switches from side to side.

Last edited by PaulMc; 10-17-2015 at 07:54 AM.