Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to order brake master cylinder from?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 07:54 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 365 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by OverRover
If your pads and rotors are very worn causing the caliper pistons to be overextended then it will improve pedal feel once replaced.
And you still might very well need a MC, but if the pistons are not returning/ plus the caliper guide pins are full out the pedal pressure will feel like crap.
Also IF one of the pistons are stuck and not just overextended then again the fluid will have a hard time returning.
Once you open this up it will be very easy to spot if a caliper piston is stuck, or just overextended trying to compensate for the worn pads. And inspect the rubber brake hoses really well too.
Good Luck!
Excellent advice here.

Old 08-12-2018, 06:21 PM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks again to all for the replies. I remembered that I got a set of brake pads with the disco, they are used but have a lot of meat left so I will use them. They are in boxes with Brembo part numbers but I don't think they are Brembo pads so I think the pads got upgraded at some point. The pads in the boxes appear to be semi-metallic.
I had NAPA order a set of premium rotors from Los Anchorage, they should be here by Tuesday.
Yes, Alaska is still part of the Not So United States and USPS does serve Alaska but many companies will only ship UPS or FEDEX which often is cost prohibitive. Even with USPS shipping heavy items is expensive and some companies will not ship here at all.

Old 08-12-2018, 10:22 PM
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got mine online from the UK for half the price of AB....

Old 08-16-2018, 10:27 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sub-arctic Rover
Thanks to all for the replies!
Lucky8 will not ship to Alaska so that's out. I think I will put the mc on hold anyway. I rotated my tires last night and checked the brakes. Rotors and pads are very worn all the way around.
I will replace the rotors and pads before I worry about the mc. I don't think changing the rotors and pads will change the brake pedal feeling like the mc is bypassing internally, but it's possible.
Give me a shout I can do it manually for you... Sometimes if done on our website it gets confused because the pricing is usually higher to ship to Alaska.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:12 AM
Drifting
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

In case anyone is interested I installed rotors and pads over the weekend. The pedal feels better but still not right. I'm convinced the master cylinder is leaking internally.
The brakes don't seem to grab well. Do the pads and / or rotors maybe just need to wear in? Maybe that's why the pads I got with the truck were not installed................................
Steve@LK8parts - just saw your post, thank you. I think I will defer the master cylinder for a short time (hopefully), I would like to pull the front drive shaft and check it out before I get a master cylinder, if I have to get a driveshaft I might as well order both at the same time.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:30 PM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

In case anyone is interested I installed rotors and pads over the weekend. The pedal feels better but still not right. I'm convinced the master cylinder is leaking internally.
The brakes don't seem to grab well. Do the pads and / or rotors maybe just need to wear in? Maybe that's why the pads I got with the truck were not installed................................
Steve@LK8parts - just saw your post, thank you. I think I will defer the master cylinder for a short time (hopefully), I would like to pull the front drive shaft and check it out before I get a master cylinder, if I have to get a driveshaft I might as well order both at the same time.
Sounds Good

Old 08-22-2018, 12:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default I have one for sale!

I need to order a brake master cylinder for a 2000 disco II. I did some research and it appears people tend to like TRW's (new, not rebuilt).
I found one on parts geek for $195, free shipping (W0133-1651660) . I've never ordered from parts geek before. Anyone have any input?
If not parts geek, who?
Atlantic British is $237.00 w/ shipping
Thanks.

I have one for sale for 125. Brand new never used. It came with my truck. If you want it pm me. I can figure shipping out if you want. At least it’ll save you some change! It was ordered from Atlantic British by the previous owner.

Last edited by Jamie2333; 08-22-2018 at 12:27 AM.