Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who owns that unique green Disco?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 12:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Who owns that unique green Disco?

Someone here posted pictures of their Discovery, which was allegedly 1 of only 2 in North America with a particular green paint.

I thought it was pretty bada$$ed and have been telling my wife about it but I can't find the pictures to show her.

Old 06-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Who owns that unique green Disco?

Darover? https://landroverforums.com/m_67293/..._/tm.htm#67357

I like that color a lot.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

It's to bright, it would clash with my Hawaiian shirts.

Old 06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Rock Crawling

jkid...good memory.
I think it has that nice balance of looking good but tough at the same time...maybe we can convince Darover to post more pictures.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:11 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gee thanks guys !!! Not sure if the forum will let me post pictures, but i'll try. Older picture showing new lift and tires.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:14 AM
Rock Crawling

I showed my wife last night. She hates it...but she don't know nothing! I'm not a big fan of green but something about it looks tough to me, but classy at the same time. Plus the unique-ness of it. Great stuff.

Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Recovery Vehicle

One from the rear before the G4light guards and custom made oversize tire cover. Before you ask...The red connection you see in the middle of the bumper is the plug-in fora hitch mounted winch. http://apu.mabul.org/up-mini/apu/200...6185056yps.jpg

Old 06-19-2008, 09:25 AM
Recovery Vehicle

As far as my disco being unique, I'm in the process of finding out exactly how unique it really is. The ex-owner had to custom order it this color. My local dealership which is the original dealer that actually ordered this Discovery said that there was only a few of them in North America ( they actually said 2) and that this color was not optional on D2s. However, I have seen pictures of a Coniston Green Discovery D2 TD5from europe. So I'm researching all this.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:28 AM
Recovery Vehicle

ORIGINAL: unstable

I showed my wife last night. She hates it...but she don't know nothing! I'm not a big fan of green but something about it looks tough to me, but classy at the same time. Plus the unique-ness of it. Great stuff.
Hear ya, my wife hatesthat Incredible Hulk greentooand I'm more of a silver, gold kind of guy myself. But that Disco was a one owner, very low miles with all paperwork from Day 1.

The rare part is just a coincidence. But to add to that, it was purchased in Canada in late 1999 as a 2000 model, was transported to europe ( Kiev)from 2002 to 2005 (owner transfer, ambassy vehicle)and brought back to Canada. The owner's service manual has stamps from Canada and Europe dealerships from when all the maintenances were done. Pretty neat.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Rock Crawling

I honestly didn't like Land Rovers until after my wife bought one. She was interested in buying one for probably 2 years or so and she finally bought an 01 DII w/ 58K on it. When I drove it back from Long Island to our house...I started liking it.

Definitely keep us updated on how unique that color is. I'm just curious more than anything else. I ran a search on google the other day trying to find a green Disco II (didn't know the right color of green) and I didn't see any.

Cool ride though brother.

Quick Reply: Who owns that unique green Disco?