Discovery II Talk about the Land Rover Discovery II within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

why did you get your Land Rover D2

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why did you get your Land Rover D2

Obviously everyone on here has or has had a Disco at some point. So what i would like to get out this thread is to know why you bought or traded for or how ever you got your Disco. And maybe how many youve owned over the yrs thanks!

Old 01-14-2013, 10:07 PM
Received 394 Likes on 306 Posts

I got mine because of the ride comfort it provides on city roads and its luxury inside and good looks on the outside while at the same time providing mean off road trail crushing features And it's different then most SUVs.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:26 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 893 Likes on 644 Posts

SWMBO wanted it. They were very trendy here at the time. It was her daily driver for 6 1/2 years. I shrugged and said yes ma'am, but told her at the time that if we bought it I might never sell it. So far I'm right. All the wrenching it's brought me has taken me back to my farm boy roots.

Old 01-14-2013, 10:52 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts
Smile

Each picture/video speaks for itself - Why I purchased my D2

EDIT: Cant upload pics - DUMB!

Last edited by TRIARII; 01-14-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Three Wheeling

Started off with a 94 1/2 Disco 1 back in 05. Loved it. Leaked oil,rode terrible, always needed something. But it was something unique that my friends didnt have. Bought it for 2800, drove it a year sold it for 2800. Got my second one a few years later. A 96 SE7. Drove it til 211k miles and a blown head gasket. Had a 97 se7 i bought for parts needed some work but neer a driver. Went a few years had a Lexus,Volvo,Audi...but really missed the Rovers. Decided i wanted one. Did some looking and found a 03 with 66k. Im looking forward to wrenching it a little and having a unique off road wagon thatll get some looks on the trail

Old 01-15-2013, 12:35 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by KindaGuitarded
Started off with a 94 1/2 Disco 1 back in 05. Loved it. Leaked oil,rode terrible, always needed something. But it was something unique that my friends didnt have. Bought it for 2800, drove it a year sold it for 2800. Got my second one a few years later. A 96 SE7. Drove it til 211k miles and a blown head gasket. Had a 97 se7 i bought for parts needed some work but neer a driver. Went a few years had a Lexus,Volvo,Audi...but really missed the Rovers. Decided i wanted one. Did some looking and found a 03 with 66k. Im looking forward to wrenching it a little and having a unique off road wagon thatll get some looks on the trail
Why do people refer to the D1 as 1/2? Your the second member on this forum to refer to their Disco series 1 as a "Disco 1 1/2". Care to fill me in? And while we are on the subject.... I think it would be badass to have a Jurassic Park Edition Disco!!!!

Reasons why I purchased a D2? Started out as a cosmetic obsession. Absolutely loved how they redesigned the late 03-04 Disco. The new pocketed headlamps, the thicker roof rails, newly designed front bumper and front fog lights, new rear tail light design, Black Leather interior option etc. Than I learned about the new innovations added: Active cornering enhancement system, the re-introduction of the Differential locker, Hill descent control, automatic traction control, Self leveling suspension, the other improvements made to the handling, improved suspension, larger front windshield etc the list goes on. Worked my *** off and waited afew years until finally I found the right 2004 Discovery SE! My only complaint aside from typical mechanical issues is that my Disco does not have the ACE system "YET!".

Old 01-15-2013, 12:51 AM
Winching
Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Than I learned about the new innovations added: larger front windshield etc the list goes on.
Really? Where is it larger? Did they make the roof different in front for a taller windsheild? I never noticed it before.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:58 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Old 01-15-2013, 04:07 AM
Three Wheeling

I got mine for all the reasons you all did...its great on gas...oh wait no...they are very reliable... not that either...cheap to maintain... hmmm wrong again...I got mine because even with all its faults its still a great truck/SUV. I feel safe with my girlfriend in it or driving it and feel safe with the baby in the back. I'll always have one in my driveway no matter what else I own.

Old 01-15-2013, 08:11 AM
Winching
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by discophipps78
i got mine for all the reasons you all did...its great on gas...oh wait no...they are very reliable... Not that either...cheap to maintain... Hmmm wrong again...i got mine because even with all its faults its still a great truck/suv. I feel safe with my girlfriend in it or driving it and feel safe with the baby in the back. I'll always have one in my driveway no matter what else i own.
iws

Quick Reply: why did you get your Land Rover D2