Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

2010 Freelander Dead Battery/Power Save?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 11:30 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Freelander Dead Battery/Power Save?

2010 Freelander Dead Battery/Power Save? 2010 Freelander here, been running in perfect shape since i picked it up new in 2010. Suddenly this evening when i went to get some night time shopping the car opened, i put the key in and nothing. No lights on at all except the radio that says power save. The key is now stuck in the ignition and will not release, the headlights went on (dim) i turned them off and they dont want to come back on. Since nothing else wants to power up.

I live quite far from town and its nothing but snow so the only other car here being a smart car will not jump the freelander and will not make it to civilization.
After a quick google and forum search all i see on power save is the radio and while the engine is off so it makes me look towards the battery. My only hope now is the battery charger i have to charge from the house which is a very long and slow process. Any suggestions while i go out in the weather and try and sort something out, does this sound like battery issue or something far worse?

Thanks, dont have much time to make a better descriptive post but appreciate the help

Freelanderman88

P.S sorry this is a cut and paste from another forum i posted on, i am just short on time and have seen both forums as quite active