Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

2014 Freelander 2 Hood not opening, battery dead, doors locked, manual key not workin

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 02:41 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Freelander 2 Hood not opening, battery dead, doors locked, manual key not workin

Folks,

I have a terrible issue here and I am hoping you can help me here. The battery on my 2014 Freelander 2 TD4 is dead. It is so dead that the car wont unlock. Whats worse, the manual door lock wont work either. So I have a dead car with no way to get in. I have tried the following till date:
  1. WD40'ed the hell out of the manual lock. Its not frozen. In fact I have previously opened it and I know its a breeze, just a week later it wont work.
  2. Opened the engine bay underguard and got battery leads to the starter hoping that it would juice up the battery enough to open the doors. The starter even kicks but the door - zilch.
  3. Then I started looking on the forum for ways to override the bonnet (hood) latch. All the advice seems to relate to original Freelander and not the Freelander 2. Hence I am not sure it works. For my car I have two latches at either ends of the front grille to which the 'hook' on the bonnet snags. All the advice on putting a screwdriver and unlatching seems impossible for that location.
  4. I got one bolt off the safety catch only to realise that it is futile since its the latches on the two ends that need to unlatch.
I dont want to break the doorglass to get to the bonnet lever. Any ideas about what I cant try next? Also anybody successfully solved this predicament?

Thanks in advance.

Old 09-05-2020, 08:01 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Coat hanger and an expanding bag, need to get that door open.. Call a tow driver they usually have a lockout kit. Best of luck