Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

starting & other problems ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 06:25 AM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starting & other problems ...

Hi all,

just joined this forum and feel so free to start with a request immediately

It's about my 2000 Freelander 1.8 - had some starting problems but after changing the crankshaft sensor it run well again, at least for a few days.
Since yesterday it does not start anymore, the starter motor is not running. The battery is charged fully, also you can hear the fuel injection working. But when turning the key nothing else happens.
Of course there could be several reasons for a non working starter (the starter motor itself, the wiring, the ECU, the immobilizer ...) but maybe it's a common and known issue with the freelander and someone has a hint what to look first??

And another quite strange problem - the window in the back door opens itself. Not when the car is running but when it is switched off completely after a few hours it goes down. It even shoudn't be electrified in that stage. Any ideas??

Thanks for your help and hints,
Rob

2000 Freelander 1.8 - 1997 Rover 216 Convertible - 1974 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow

Old 03-18-2009, 12:48 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
... that drives me nuts!
After a little hit with a hammer the starter motor works again, so apparently it needs just a little overhaul.
But guess what - of course the engine did not start, it doesn't fire now ...
Will have to check the crank sensor again, also several ignition parts probably.
It's so sad ...

Rob