Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   Freelander (https://landroverforums.com/forum/freelander-17/)
-   -   Thinking of buying a freelander (https://landroverforums.com/forum/freelander-17/thinking-buying-freelander-56223/)

TOM R 01-25-2013 09:18 AM

Thinking of buying a freelander

ok since i was able to fix our disco 1 the wife is now leaning toward letting me get a second disco or feelander for her, what do I need to know about this model the good/ bad, what years or engines are good/bad, how are they on gas?

i only ask cause she would like a smaller suv

antichrist 01-25-2013 09:49 AM

Well, buying a US spec Freelander would certainly be a good way to get her to divorce you. I'm can only assume that's your goal if you're even considering one.

blamo 01-25-2013 10:00 AM

They blow ! Don't do it, it's embarrassing you would even consider it. I reject you totally !

TOM R 01-25-2013 10:05 AM

ok, i was flipping through this section and looking at the titles on threads :eek: and was thinking the same thing just wanted to be sure thanks for the input guys :)

it just amazes me how such a high end mfg can sell such crap :confused:

antichrist 01-25-2013 10:25 AM

The ROW models weren't crap. In Europe the Freelander was the top selling small SUV for some time.
Only the NA spec was real crap.

ArmyRover 01-25-2013 10:51 AM

Tom hit the nail on the head, I would like a freelander as a daily driver if it had the European diesel

earlyrover 06-03-2013 06:19 PM

Antichrist:
"The ROW models weren't crap. In Europe the Freelander was the top selling small SUV for some time.
Only the NA spec was real crap."

WHY? I am only vaguely familiar with the Freelander. What made the ROW OK, but the NA spec crap?

earlyrover 06-03-2013 06:23 PM

ROW vs. NA Freelander?

The ROW models weren't crap. In Europe the Freelander was the top selling small SUV for some time.
Only the NA spec was real crap.

Why is this? I am only vaguely familiar with Freelander.

pinkytoe69 06-03-2013 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by earlyrover (Post 401863)

Why is this? I am only vaguely familiar with Freelander.

They have the diesel & manual transmission

TobaTekSingh 09-11-2013 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by antichrist (Post 373182)
Well, buying a US spec Freelander would certainly be a good way to get her to divorce you. I'm can only assume that's your goal if you're even considering one.

Right on. Fortunately, I can blame my boss for recommending the purchase of our '03; I called him to confirm it was a "good choice" just before my wife handed over the check to the dealer. The big difference between he and us: money, He can afford the righteous dealer service prices and we cannot.

Don't buy it man! Don't even think about it! Even Land Rover calls the Freelander the odd model out--it isn't really even a true Land Rover.