Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Turn signal,cruise control and default codes Help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 09:23 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turn signal,cruise control and default codes Help!

Hello all. New here, although I have been reading the Freelander horror stories for quite some time. I have been living a personal nightmare of my own with my 02 v6 Freelander. It has a little over 72k and have owned it for 3 years. I have been trying to do most of the mechanical work myself butI am not a mechanic at all. I have had and continue to have all of the same problems with coolant leakingonto motor blower fan; replacedblower fan and putBars Leak into coolantline. Seemed to work. But a few days later, the fan blower was on when I turned the car off, which drained my new battery. I had to take out the fuse to keep it from running. But I could still turn on/off the fan with the fuse out.Both, left and right window motors went out. Replaced that. Vacuum tube t connector broke. Replaced that. Overflow coolant tank has cracks, which I covered with fiberglass material and a composite. Seems to work. Nowmy combo master switch (turn signal) won't work. I get a low buzzing sound when Itried to make a turn. Idon't know if its the relay or the flasher unit itself. Also, my cruise control stopped working, maybe at the same time, not sure.NowI am getting 2 default codes. P0171 and P1471. I looked them up and am scratching my head. I do like my FL, but man, what a pain in the butt this has been. Any help on the codes, turn signal/cruise controland what a broke guy can do to fix it would be a blessing.

Old 11-16-2008, 12:11 AM
Overlanding
Default RE: Turn signal,cruise control and default codes Help!

your best bet is to take it to a dealer or a shop who specializes in fixing these pain in the butt, ask them if they could analyze those codes by plugging that hand held analyzer. Just pay the shop a bit as you can always fix it yourself if you can. see if it works! good luck!

Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P0171 is system too lean bank 1, you have an intake/vacuum leak. P1471 is VIS motor stuck closed or open, I can't remember which one, you will need to replace the variable intake manifold. As far as the blower motor issue goes, you have coolant entering the electrical connectors due to a leaking heater core, need to replace the heater core. Clean out the electrical connectors and dry them out and that should take care of that issue. I have dealt with the turn signal issue before, but I can't remember what I found. It might have been the ignition switch. The cruise control issue is probably the switch, but that is just a guess as well.

Old 11-18-2008, 05:11 PM
3rd Gear

Variable intake manifold? Not sure what that looks like. Will that be expensive to fix?