General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2001 Range Rover 4.6 HSE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See that is the funny thing. The engine reuns as smooth as butter if I am out of the vehicle looking at the engine. When I get in the drivers seat it vibrates a little, enough to feel it.

I replaced the flywheel and flex plate when I swapped the engine, it has new plugs and wires, new CPS with the swap as well. The only thing I have not replaced in the course fo the past year is the coils, but since it does run smooth I have not worried about them at all.

Good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:11 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really hate to tell you this...but...I think your vibration problem is your Butt!!! It just loves those seats man. OR you have sonic butt flatulence that the human ears can't hear...but Oh you can feel it!!

Mine does it too. It's really smooth , but as soon as you sit in it, you can just feel that little special something. LOL!! blows my mind too.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I really hate to tell you this...but...I think your vibration problem is your Butt!!! It just loves those seats man. OR you have sonic butt flatulence that the human ears can't hear...but Oh you can feel it!!

Mine does it too. It's really smooth , but as soon as you sit in it, you can just feel that little special something. LOL!! blows my mind too.
lol WOW!

My engine does oscillate from time to time and I can feel it through the steering wheel usually. Just a mild little shake every 30 seconds or so. I have been in brand new gmc trucks and suburbans that shake more than my engine does. So I just assume not worry about it. Another thought, if it is really misfiring badly, you run the potential of dropping a cylinder sleeve, which requires you to rebuild/or replace the engine. So I would get it taken care of asap.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Overlanding

The guy wants to sell it as-is. I called him today and he said someone put a $100 deposit down for $7000 and said they would be back in a couple weeks (who the hell does that?) He was stuttering and was obviously lying.. he just wants me to buy it for $6500 without him putting money into it. I seriously don't know what to do. Do I buy it and just hope the problems aren't extremely expensive, by the way it also needs inspection, or do I just forget about getting a Range Rover? I've searched on every website for a 2001-2002 with decent mileage and I can't find anything (without it being 10k+ and within 500 miles of my zip.)

Old 10-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would not buy any car with a check engine engine light on without first reading what the code(s) were that tripped the warning in the first place... unless you were getting an amazing deal.

If he wont let you take it to dealership or service center but you know someone with a OBD scanner i'd just borrow the scanner say you want to view it again and read the codes yourself. If he wont let you take it to have it inspected that's very suspicious and an indicator that he may know that it's not a simple problem to fix.

Old 10-29-2009, 12:02 PM
Drifting
Default Alex's Range Rover in North Philly

DreamRR,

I sent you a private message on Monday the 26th because I wanted to tell you in person not to buy this car. I drove this RR on Saturday the 16th before the shaking progressed to this point. The shaking is from the Coil needs to be replaced and I believe the misfire is in the 1st and 2nd cyclinder. I had the vehicle up to 70 mph and it was fine as long as I keep it over 40 mph. With the misfire aside you are missing the most expensive issues on the vehicle that is wrong. Both valve covers are leaking along with the head gasket. There was significant oil residue on the front transfer case that lead me to believe that the problem was going on for a while. The front air bags have been replaced in December of 2008 based upon the receipt that was left in the owner's manual. There is also four rusted holes in the middle muffler that needs to be replaced in the very near future. The driver's door handle needs a new clip or something because it gets stuck. The tires need to be replaced. Toyo's on the car are not for the Mid Atlantic's winter weather. They look like summer performance tires. The air compressor was making some noise I don't know if that was problem but I did notice it. The EAS is working properly but with these problems I walked away from the vehicle.

There is a clean looking 02 in Jersey for sale that I saw on Autotrader or Cars that popped up this week for 10,995 with around 65k on it. But stay way for the 2001 that Alex is selling. Hopefully you make an intelligent decision based upon my inital review of the vehicle and your own observations.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Overlanding

All I can say is THANK YOU!!

Old 11-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Drifting

Your welcome