Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   60k Mile Service! (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/60k-mile-service-28640/)

stankonia20 02-03-2010 12:45 PM

60k Mile Service!

Can someone give me some 411 on this?
Price and what exactly is done to my vehicle!
Thanks for the info In advance!

Almost forgot....
I have an 03 Range Rover HSE

Rovin4life 02-05-2010 06:04 AM

lof,change air filter, change pollen filter, change spark plugs, change coolant, rotate tires, reset maintenance light. look over vehicle for any problems like bad tie rods or coolant leaks like a radiator or hose.

LRScott 02-06-2010 12:47 AM

Your owners manual will give you a list of things that need to be done at 50k miles. Either verify that the service has been done, or get it done yourself.

Disco Mike 02-06-2010 08:51 AM

In addition, all though it is not called for in the manual, you should change "ALL" fluids. Rovers have had lots of tranny/dif. and t-case issues because they don't suggest fluid changes.
Also use only synthetic fluid for extra protection.

stankonia20 02-07-2010 05:18 PM

Thanks for the info. My dealership quoted me @ about $1k?

LRScott 02-07-2010 10:11 PM

Thanks for the info. My dealership quoted me @ about $1k?
OMG. Go to a local shop that works on rovers and or bmws (since your rover has a 4.4L bmw engine) and have it done. Its not that hard... Then take the money you saved and go on a vacation.

stankonia20 02-08-2010 08:51 AM

Yea I figured they were overcharging me! I think its time for me to find a new dealership to go 2!
Earlier this winter my air suspension was inactive, I took it to the dealership they fixed it.
One week later my Air suspension went out again! In my Opinion I feel the dealership is sub par!

cold_surfer 02-19-2010 01:14 AM

trans

the trans change requires dropping the exhaust Ypipe and removing the cross member on the RRC to fully remove the trans filter. If they don't do that then they didn't change that filter and you paid for nothing. Just for fun hit the bolts with silver or black $.99 krylon spray paint and see if they even turned the bolts. It will be VERY obvious if they do remove the pan. If they didn't -- BUSTED and DONT pay the bill -- at ANY shop...

cold_surfer 02-19-2010 01:14 AM

spray the pan bolts that is.... they should also be changing the gasket, which is visible too.

Rovin4life 02-19-2010 06:15 AM

Mike, Range Rovers don't have the same crap that yours does. Stick with what is there and he will be fine. No need to change the diffs and the transfercase until it says so.

Besides I have seen many of the bmw range rovers go 100k with no issues other then some oil leaks in the engine and coolant leaks.

electrical crap inside not considering.