General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advise on how to reset the suspention?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2011, 01:20 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ditto Krazz. The bike patch is not made to flex like the bag does and will not last long. Plus it will cause more stress on the rest of the bag that is not leaking yet.

Bags are cheap so it worth replacing them, you will end up with years of service if that is where the leak is. The technology used in your Rover is just finally showing up in modern vehicles, only about 15+ years late.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Bags.

Ok you were right I definitely had an air leak, in fact it was a doozie.. The passenger side rear air bag was totally disconnected from the top mounting bracket. Which brings me to my next question. All the bags look like they are in good shape. No major cracking or brittle rubber that I can see. When I dropped the front suspension both bags remained deflated which tells me I likely have a good seal on both. The rear driver’s side bag did the same when I took it off and held my finger over the air inlet. My question then is twofold. One, the bag that came totally disconnected still looks like the rubber is in good shape. There are no tears of cracking that I can tell and It simply detached from the head of the bag. If I were in the wilderness I would likely try to stick the top back on and run it... Have you ever heard of that being successful before? Next question, Now that I figured out the one bag is definitely not working is there any problem just replacing the one bag or is there any reason that I should replace both rear bags together? I am a bit over my (in college) budget on this so money is a bit of a factor but not at the expense of safety. Also, I was wondering if you could point me to the best place to purchase the replacement. I’ve looked on EBay and a couple other places but thought I would check with the Gurus' before I pulled the trigger. Thanks Guys!
JB

Old 02-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Rock Crawling

Can you be a little more specific on the bag being totally disconnected? Is it just the hose popped off the top or has the bag itself totally separated? Normally you would replace the bags in pairs (front or rear) but if the other side really looks good you could probably get away with replacing just one. If you are only getting one I would check ebay first.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Drifting

The bag totally separated from the top. There are no visable signs of trauma its just separated. If I was in the wilderness I would try to put it back together. but as it is Im just going to purchase both rear bags.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Recovery Vehicle

The bags hold up the vehicle and will be under a good load of pressure. To get off a trail I would do a trail fix but then replace it. The best price I think is Arnott, they are on eBay and is a little cheaper than their site I think. I dealt with them and they were great. If you call just say you want the eBay price and they will give it to you. If you just need one try a wrecking yard as well. I would always say replace in pairs but if you are certain the other is good then go ahead; they can be deceiving though.

Old 02-14-2011, 08:58 AM
Drifting
Default Are all air bags created equal and what would you trust.

Hi guys. Last night before I got your response I found Airbags made by Dunlop-Pnueride part number is W0133-1603140 significantly cheaper on carpartswholesale.com. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on using aftermarket vs range rover direct parts or if there is a place to compare the different bags? The obvious is that range rover would probably charge three times as much but I was wondering if you have heard anything about the RR bags actually being better quality? Anyway I paid 188.95 each and asked for a discount and got 10%. So full purchase price turned out to be 340.00 with free shipping for the two rear bags. I figured for a savings of a couple hundred dollars it would be worth the gamble. I hope I didnt make a mistake.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:37 AM
Rock Crawling

I also went with the Arnott but I got upgraded to the Generation III springs and they are great. They give more lift and have an improved design.

http://www.arnottindustries.com/part...22_gid174.html

Old 02-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Originally Posted by the_Captain
Hi guys. Last night before I got your response I found Airbags made by Dunlop-Pnueride part number is W0133-1603140 significantly cheaper on carpartswholesale.com. I was wondering if you have any thoughts on using aftermarket vs range rover direct parts or if there is a place to compare the different bags? The obvious is that range rover would probably charge three times as much but I was wondering if you have heard anything about the RR bags actually being better quality? Anyway I paid 188.95 each and asked for a discount and got 10%. So full purchase price turned out to be 340.00 with free shipping for the two rear bags. I figured for a savings of a couple hundred dollars it would be worth the gamble. I hope I didnt make a mistake.
I hate to say it but the Arnott's would have been cheaper. I got both my rears for about $274 with free shipping. At least you are getting new ones so after this you will probably have trouble free use for quite some time.

Old 02-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Drifting

I looked at those shocks and When I looked online they were more expensive so I called the company and sure enough they were 241.00 and they have a lifetime warrantee! So I cancelled the order with the other company and ordered the Arnott bags. Thanks for the tip. Man you guys are awesome! I can hardly wait to get them installed. Thanks again

Old 02-14-2011, 10:08 PM
Rock Crawling

You will be happy with the Arnotts. They are a piece of cake to install.

Quick Reply: Any advise on how to reset the suspention?