General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any advise on how to reset the suspention?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 12:52 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great! Thank you so much. Unfortunately I got a brutal case of bronchitis and have been laid up for a week. After three weeks of coughing I actually coughed so hard I broke a rib and it has been incredibly painful. The doctor said he had never seen that before but I went through cancer treatment last year (cancer free now thank God) and he thought that it was just fatigued from that. So now when I’m not on Perkies and cough it feels like I’m getting punched in the left kidney... Oh well. So to answer your question I have not been able to start on the repairs but I am almost done gathering everything I need to get it done. I now have an ABS pump & abs computer (used from emmotts) the Head Gasket kit with bolts on the way from AB the flex plate from you and other odds and ends either in transit or in the basement ready to install. I’m not sure if I will need to replace the actual flywheel to repair the timing issue though or if the new flex plate will solve the problem? I hope to start on it later this week. In other news the Air ride system is staying up for days at a time which is a mild triumph! The set of orings I purchased from Rover was short a few so I ordered another from EBay and hope to track the rest of the minor air leakage. It’s fun to be making progress. I also got a new armrest for the driver’s side seat. I ordered it from Emmotts with last week’s package. They are all Right hand steers over there so all the left hand items are still in good shape. Anyway hope you have a great week and I’ll look forward to touching base with you. Just let me know what the shipping was etc and I’ll get a check right off to you. Thanks again.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:07 PM
Drifting

Hey Rob, just checking to see if you were able to send off that flex plate for me? I am ready to move ahead with that job now and really need it. If not no sweat I can start loooking for another I just need to know. Thanks Bro. Ill talk to you later. JB DeVore

Old 04-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is on its way. The total is $10 for the plate and then $13.63 for shipping. So agrand total of $23.63. You can paypal me or however you wan to do it, just send me a PM. You should have it on Wed.

Sorry, I have boat rental business as well and I have been busy with the beginning of the season.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Drifting

Great Thanks, I do have a pay pal account but im not sure how to operate it outside of ebay etc. I can drop a check in the mail for you today that might be easier on my end but which ever you prefer. Just send me your address and name and Ill drop a check in the post box today. If you can give me directions on how to pay you with pay pal I can do that too. Thanks again! JB Devore.

Old 04-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your private messages. A Check is fine. My information will be in there.

Old 04-17-2011, 11:24 PM
Drifting

Hi Rob, Thanks so much for sending the Flex plate. I can hardly wait to have my rover back from the shop. I was going to do it myself but decided against it. just too much going on with school and health issues. He says that he will have it back to me wednesday but we will see. The mechanic is doing the the gasket, flex plate, ABS switch, blend motors, and a few other odds and ends for 1400. Everyone else wanted 1700 just for the head gasket, then 400 for the blend motors, and 475 to change out the flex plate, just for the labor. Anyway thanks for the part I got it a few days ago and the check will go out in the morning. Thanks again. JB

Old 05-11-2011, 10:22 PM
Drifting

Well Im finally driving my Rover. I still cant seem to get it through emissions but I love it! I have done the Sun roof assembly, Head liner, Stereo, arm rest, interior uprights, & had the interior steam cleaned and treated.

I have also done the turn signal actuator, wiring harness for bass, floor mats, interior lights, rear view mirror, drivers side window actuator, Two tweeter speakers, overhead light assembly, visor clips, replacement jack etc & wabco computer.

Under the "bonnet" has also had some restorations including the Head gasket & heads, flex plate and flywheel,rear seals, o2 sensors, rear airbags, overheat sensor on the air pump, new orings, new tires, trailer wiring harness, Brake pump assembly, new battery, fan belt, spark plugs & wires, windshield washer jets, new windshield wipers (including the little ones on the head lights and rear window), undercarriage service, and a Land Rover emblem on the rear tailgate. whew...

Now all I need is new bump stops, new amps for all the doors, new speakers in the sub, seat belt clip covers, dash wood trim, cd player, Brush gaurd, roof rack, and well about 50 other minor odds and ends... and those are just the ones I can think of hoping of course that something else doesnt let go before then, LOL.

Holy Crap this is one complex vehichle! I think thats why I love it... am I crazy.... Oh well. Thanks for all your help and moral support. Have a great night.

Old 01-25-2012, 10:58 AM
Three Wheeling

so in summary what do you think turned out to be the cause of your air suspension problems? thanks! Nick

Old 01-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Drifting
Default Don't scrap your air suspention its awesome!

Hi, There were two problems which in hindsight were easy to fix. First the airbags in the rear failed, i believe because someone had put it on a lift with out suporting the wheels while trying to fix the exhuast. I purchased the car that way at auction and had no idea how to fix it so it was a bit overwhelming. In reality it took about an hour to fix after I figured out what to do and got the parts. I simply replaced the two airbags in the rear (pull two cotter pins and reconnect the airlines) which took all of 20 minutes, then I went through and changed out the o-rings on the valve block. Took about 40 minutes. It has been working great since then. I love the air suspension and I am so glad that I didn’t gut it and replace it. Oh yeah I also had to fix the air pump and reset the sytem. I used the AES buddy and then had Rover reset it after that.

I have also done a ton of other stuff and the car is looking and driving just, well, awesome! I am taking it on a trip to Florida tomorrow towing a small trailer.

I will get on and post some of the projects that I have done from new chrome lettering, to adding three additional 12volt jacks to car in place of the ash tray. I also had the stereo reworked by Roverville and John did a marvelous job reconditioning my factory stereo. The sound is so clean I love it. www.roverville.us I have also replaced the sunroof, head liner, interior wood grain decals, reconditioned the leather with new die, replaced the Catalytic converters, head gasket, Flex plate and fly wheel and rear main seal, tie rod, blend door motors, the heater core and actually a whole lot more, This truck has 172,000 miles on it so it needed a lot of tlc but I bought it right. I have just acquired a front brush guard with off road lights and a roof rack. I Can hardly wait to install them and start using it to haul my boats. If I can help with anything let me know. I have sure recieved a lot of help from the guys here. good luck.