Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   Autobiography Edition (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/autobiography-edition-18173/)

luxury1 12-23-2008 07:40 PM

Autobiography Edition

How muchis the Autobiography Edition? I was reading about it and it really doesn't seem that special to me. It is essentially a supercharged with special leather and different wheels. I think that this is similar to the Westminister edition which pretty much offered the same.

Does anyone out here own one and want to comment?

ldivine 12-23-2008 11:21 PM

RE: Autobiography Edition

I'm assuming your referring to the '09 Autobiography compared to just the bespoke versions. I saw one (an '09) at a dealership at i've gotta admit the leather is a really big upgrade. Enough to justify the price increase? Not for me but it is a really nice vehicle and if money is no concern it's the vehicle for you. You get a bit more customization with the Autobiography, over the Westminster, I think...

luxury1 12-24-2008 07:00 AM

I was referring to the '09 (saw it on the site yesterday). I would love to see one in person as it is always hard to tell from photos. How much does it cost?

Also, I see that you have the Autobiography, did you just add a couple of design elements or did you import it? The Land Rover site had stated that this is the first time the Autobiography was ever offered in North America.

ldivine 12-24-2008 04:14 PM

Looked it up and you can get a HSE or Supercharged version. Although the regular version starts at $145,530 and the SC starts $152,538. The photos I found do not do it justice. No where near. I still don't think it justifies the enormous price increase... but I would love those seats in mine :eek:.

Think they had a P38 version of the Autobiography back when I bought my P38. I might be wrong. Maybe they just meant first time the MKIII Autobio is being offered. As for my Autobiography, I was traveling to London a couple times a year and decided to buy my MKIII there as I could get exactly what I wanted (and they had some more choices in wood, leather, and exterior color). It was a really good experience too as it feels more like you're buying a bespoke vehicle then the cookie cutter ones in the NA market up til now. I think it's a very smart move to make the Autobiography available in NA. Puts it up there with Maserati, Bentley, Aston, etc. at least in my opinion :)

luxury1 12-24-2008 06:35 PM

ORIGINAL: ldivine
I saw one (an '09) at a dealership at i've gotta admit the leather is a really big upgrade.
Is the '09 that you saw at the dealership the same as yours since the standard '07's and '09's modelsthe same?

ldivine 12-24-2008 07:59 PM

No the '09 I saw is different. They've been making the Autobiography in the UK for a while but it's closer to the NAS spec then the '09 NAS Autobiography. I wish they were they same :)