Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   Is certified pre-owned worth it on a 2007 HSE? (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/certified-pre-owned-worth-2007-hse-30227/)

mgdpublic 04-06-2010 09:46 AM

Is certified pre-owned worth it on a 2007 HSE?

I'm new to Range Rover's and am looking at a 2007 with 40,000 miles. I guess that gives me another 1.5 years or 22k miles original warranty. I was wondering if you guys think paying the extra for a certified pre-owned is worth it rather than having a mechanic check out a non-certified. Thanks!

Rovin4life 04-06-2010 06:28 PM

its not worth the effort to have a guy that doesn't know land rovers try to find any problems with the vehicle. Plus who is more competent with the vehicle and knows what can go wrong and will help you out. Only a certified used car from the manufacturer. Regardless of manufacturer. The safest bet is always a certified vehicle from the dealer. Whether you are buying a ford escape you buy it from a ford dealer. Same with a land rover. You buy it from a land rover dealer. If you buy it from your local LR dealer you will get a rental and alot more help with any issues. anyone else its a crapshoot. And the land rover dealer that gets that used vehicle from someone else that looks it over will not service the car without them paying for it.

LRScott 04-07-2010 02:19 AM

Certified pre-owned range rovers have extended factory warranties too. I made the mistake of taking mine to a regular mechanic for inspection. They really don't know crap about land rovers...

EdwardRS 04-07-2010 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by Rovin4life (Post 171504)
its not worth the effort to have a guy that doesn't know land rovers try to find any problems with the vehicle. Plus who is more competent with the vehicle and knows what can go wrong and will help you out. Only a certified used car from the manufacturer. Regardless of manufacturer. The safest bet is always a certified vehicle from the dealer. Whether you are buying a ford escape you buy it from a ford dealer. Same with a land rover. You buy it from a land rover dealer. If you buy it from your local LR dealer you will get a rental and alot more help with any issues. anyone else its a crapshoot. And the land rover dealer that gets that used vehicle from someone else that looks it over will not service the car without them paying for it.

I completely agreed. I think buying vehicle from local dealer is always good. When I used to buy my Rover I called my local dealer four times to get information about vehicle performance and maintenance issues before i purchase. As i am a local costumer the dealer gave me fantastic service.

mgdpublic 04-07-2010 07:59 AM

Thanks guys. CPO it is.