General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Pump

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 06:55 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump

I took my 2000 Range Rover HSE to a Landrover dealer to find out the reason behind the service engine light being on. They dropped the fuel tank and didn't find anything there, and now they're stating I need a new ECU, the Transfer case is leaking, and they stated I need a new fuel pump. Now they're telling me that no one carries the fuel pump for that year anymore, at least that is what he said he seen on his aftermarket or whatever market sight, and I don't understand, because I know somewhere and somebody carries it, or there is another alternative, because I know I'm not the first person to need a new fuel pump for an older model Range Rover. HELP ME PLEASE!!! I'm in Illinois. Thank you

Old 02-08-2012, 07:00 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

see Fuel Pump (BOSCH) (WFX101390 Same Fit As Genuine Part # WFX101390) - Land Rover fuel pump from Atlantic British

For way less than what you will spend to get your Rangie out of the stealership, you could invest in a data reading code scanner, read your own codes, and look them up in the RAVE or post them here. Like under $150, or an Ultra Gauge for about $70.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:48 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

What exactly are they saying is wrong with the vehicle?

Did they give you any codes. I can do alot to help you?

Old 02-09-2012, 05:00 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump

I went online and found a place in Florida called Landrover parts, and they had a fuel pump among other parts and things for Landrover vehicles. I seen one for $250 and I called just to verify and everything, and that part number that displayed Savannah Buzz was the exact part. When I picked up my Range from the Landrover dealer, I showed the advisor the pump and everything, being that he had first quoted me $700 and then stated no carries them anymore, then I was like well here it is right here for $250, so he looked dumbfounded and then said was it electronic or not, so I called the guy back in Florida and he was like yes all of them are electronic. But anyway I ordered and a LR tech who works at the little place where I purchase my Range from is going to put it on for $150.

No they didn't tell me any codes, then I read in my manual and it stated at 100,000 miles they start to go out, and that is what the advisor said, but I was the one that brought that up too. You know what now I'm very skeptical about that Landrover Dealership.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

re: I'm very skeptical about that Landrover Dealership.

"that" is the important word, not all dealerships or indy shops are operated this way, but the few that are are more infamous than the hard working honest ones. And on the dealer side of things, parts the DIY would buy to save money on and take a chance, he won't touch because of warranty issues, and paying a tech to do it twice, while making another customer wait for an open slot.

Last edited by Savannah Buzz; 02-09-2012 at 05:30 AM.