General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headliner

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headliner

my headliner is falling down, how can i put it back up. it is sagging everywhere, when i drive it touches my head, how can i put it back up the way it is supposed to be?

Old 01-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: headliner

I have the same problem and asked the same question with no luck. Mineis speading and is driving me nuts because i cant even open my sunroof without fabric hanging all over the place.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Three Wheeling

Call a local interior auto place and have them replace it it is usually around $150 - $250.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

i know it's getto but a few staples from a staple gun will do it.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:45 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you want to do it yourself, you have to remove the headliner. Peel back the fabric that is hanging and spray the headliner with 3M Spray Adhesive. Lay the fabric back down and smooth it out. If you want to change colors or material this would be the time to do it.

The following users liked this post:
Jenny Pearson (08-09-2016)
Old 01-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Three Wheeling

Hey Rfactor, any idea on how to remove the headliner without ripping the side panels off and making a horrible-looking mess? I dont see any screw hole and wouldnt want to make the problem worse with screwdriver scrape marks everywhere.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:32 AM
Drifting

Nope, they must come off.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:40 AM
3rd Gear

Hi - I replaced the headliner in a swb classic about six years ago and now I have to change the one in my P38 '95 - I did the last one with an upholsterer whom worked for me. It is about a 6 hr round trip to do it (for one person, apart from lifting out the shell) - However it is not extreamly difficult. I did ask two trim shops in town and they were both around the $450 - $500 mark.
All the handles, trim and post pieces unclip and break fairly easily. The trim around the moonroof peels off, un-clip and disconnect the courtesy lights. The shell will drop right down and two people can walk it out of the tailgate. The moon roof is about an added 1 hr of work to pull apart and re-install.
Stripping off the foam is a bit tedious, and needs to be done properly so you don't end up with any bumps.
The fabric is cheap - the glueing is pretty easy, just need to keep clean.
Good Luck
Mike
P38 95'
Classic LWB 93'

Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 AM
Overlanding

i just ripped mine out.. its black and looks pretty bad.. but fine for now.. looks two tonein a cheap way...

Old 03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
Winching

Couple things to note. You can't just spray down the headliner with adhesive once you rip it out and take the fabric off. The backing foam will just get coated with adhesive, and then once the foam breaks down again, your headliner will be sagging again. You need to use a cellulose stripper/remover and actually scrape all of the factory adhesive and backing off of the headboard. Then you have to wash the board very thoroughly to remove the stripper, or the glue won't stick. ONce thats done, you can apply the new adhesive and new headliner fabric.

Ceven if you still need to do this, I have a really good how to I can dig up for you on the process. It looks real easy, just time consuming. I'll be doing mine this summer, so if anyone's interested I'll do a pictoral how-to on this.

The following users liked this post:
Jenny Pearson (08-09-2016)

Quick Reply: headliner