Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   HELP Locked out 2001 P38 (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/help-locked-out-2001-p38-66353/)

georgep 04-08-2014 07:29 PM

HELP Locked out 2001 P38

Key is IN CAR doors locked and no 2nd key.
1. Brake glass and eat the cost
2. Call someone with a slim jim
3. Give up and just WALK AWAY
Story:
Car was super locking then unlocking after 20 min. Waited till I could open the door and bonnet. Removed the driver side (left) door control module so that it could not supper lock again, WRONG, Started the car to drive to dealer got out to close the bonnet, door closed since my big butt bumped into it getting around the car. Engine running, Bonnet open and the door locks tripped AS SOON as the door shut. No problem I left the door lock in the open position on the drivers door, BUT it must have slipped down and now can not get back in car. Pulled the fuse to shut off the engine then disconnected the battery. So car is off now and it is 31, #2 or #3 time

tuercas viejas 04-08-2014 11:44 PM

There is away to get into it but for security reasons I cannot openly describe it on this forums.
If you PM me I will give you instructions, and I hope you can still open the hood.
Otherwise you will need a battery some wire piercing fitting and a power probe.
T/V

Fivespddisco 04-15-2014 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by georgep (Post 457355)
Key is IN CAR doors locked and no 2nd key.
1. Brake glass and eat the cost
2. Call someone with a slim jim
3. Give up and just WALK AWAY
Story:
Car was super locking then unlocking after 20 min. Waited till I could open the door and bonnet. Removed the driver side (left) door control module so that it could not supper lock again, WRONG, Started the car to drive to dealer got out to close the bonnet, door closed since my big butt bumped into it getting around the car. Engine running, Bonnet open and the door locks tripped AS SOON as the door shut. No problem I left the door lock in the open position on the drivers door, BUT it must have slipped down and now can not get back in car. Pulled the fuse to shut off the engine then disconnected the battery. So car is off now and it is 31, #2 or #3 time

Pop out the little window in the shape of a triangle on the rear door

georgep 04-15-2014 09:39 PM

Ate one and used one, a SLIM JIM, door open now to fix the problem

Sting9876 01-02-2022 04:56 PM

Front Doors unlock but won't open

Originally Posted by tuercas viejas (Post 457417)
There is away to get into it but for security reasons I cannot openly describe it on this forums.
If you PM me I will give you instructions, and I hope you can still open the hood.
Otherwise you will need a battery some wire piercing fitting and a power probe.
T/V

Hello, while reading the Forums I seen your post. I have 96 RR 4.0 SE that was working fine before Christmas. Then all my windows stopped working. A few days later the front passenget door would'nt unlock or open. So I drove it into the garage to escape Michigan weather to figure out the problem. My son drives the p38 while on college break. Well he said the lock started acting qerky a d he got it to work while out with friends. Fast forward to inside the garage. Since my son said it done this before and he could dix the problem. When I returned home he said dad the driver's door locker a d won't open. The doors unlock a d relocks when I press the remote or use the key. The rear doors open but front doors won't even open from inside the car. I disconnected the battery hoping to reset everything, no luck. I did manage to immobilize the though. I think if I can get the driver's door open I can take off the panel and disable the locking mechanizm. I don't know the EKA Code. Any help would be greatly aporeciated.
Jesse

Harvlr 01-11-2022 02:13 PM

Jesse you should post in the P38 section of this forum. This section is for modifications. Could your front doors be Superlocked? I’m assuming they aren’t just frozen shut.

Harvlr 01-11-2022 02:14 PM

Sorry, not for modifications, but you still should post under P38.