General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Its official I'm a RR owner

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:11 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Its official I'm a RR owner

So finally after a lot of thinking, help from you guys on here, and time to look at the pros and cons I finally decided to trade in my Mercedes and get the car I've been wanting to have for a very long time. I found a local high end used car dealer who was super cool and easy to work with and willing to give me top dollar for my trade and sell me the range rover for a great price. Its a 2005 HSE Luxury package silver on ivory with black pipes with 73,000 miles clean car fax and good service records and 2 owners. I ended up paying $18,300 for it out the door taxes, tag, title, and doc fee all included I feel like I did ok on it and am very happy so far, please tell me what you guys think of it(i'm not a huge fan on the wheels either i'm gonna try to find stock ones)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Old 04-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

Congrats on your purchase! Is it indeed a Supercharged, or does it just have the grill package installed?

I couldn't read the tag on the front, is it a dealer local to Charlotte?

I like the charcoal carpet with the tan seats. Many interiors put tan carpet with tan seats and the carpet it too hard to keep clean. With yours, you get seats that are not as hot in the sun, matched with easier to keep clean carpets. Great score!

BTW, it may be too late, but the trim around your front recovery hook is missing. Ask them about it, they may "find" one for you.

Last edited by LR Techniker; 04-29-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Drifting

Its just a HSE with the grilles installed, its was purchased from east coast motor sports in charlotte off of independence blvd. yea I asked about the front cover for that and he said that he took it in on trade and it didn't have one when it came in. Its also only got one key do you happen to know how much it cost for one of those here in town? I really like the interior color too I've been hunting for a long time for the right one with the right color combo. I wanted a back on ivory for awhile but after having a black Mercedes and getting tired of the constant detailing bills and trips to the car wash or high water bills from constant drive way washes I settled for silver on ivory.

Last edited by jimmyvietvu; 04-29-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: left something out
Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Winching
Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

The keys are like $150-200. Dont remember exactly. They MUST come from the dealer, eBay keys DO NOT WORK, don't waste your money.

When you order them, they will try and convince you that you need to schedule an appointment to have them programmed through service (I think its a $140 charge), but any shop with Autologic (must have LR software) or the factory SDD can program your keys for you, at a much lower rate.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:16 PM
Drifting

oh ok that's good to know thank a lot for the heads up. i'll have to look up you guys to since your kinda local to me.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 PM
Drifting

By the way does anyone on here have any Factory wheels that they would want to trade for the ones on the car now?

Old 05-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on your purchase! Wish you all the best with your new Rover. This is a fantastic site for alllll your questions. Glad to hear that you found a decent dealer in N.C. Just spoil the vehicle and it will not let you down.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Three Wheeling

From a dealer, for that price? I think you did dang good. Grats, it looks like a great truck.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Drifting

Yea i came out pretty good on it! I used to work for Sonic automotive group buying and selling cars so I usually just tell dealers or sellers in advance so we can skip the horrible haggeling process and just cut to the chase honestly and fairly as possible. I go off of KBB, Auto trader, and Manheim to get any supporting information I may need to make offers to them just like they would to me.