Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   P38 rangerover crank shaft senser not working (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/p38-rangerover-crank-shaft-senser-not-working-36354/)

Landlover12 12-07-2010 08:29 PM

P38 rangerover crank shaft senser not working

Can I just replace this or is there a procedure that I have to go through? The OBDII tester said that the unit is broken but the vehicle seems to run great, should i replace this??

Rovin4life 12-08-2010 06:12 AM

what is the code you are getting?

Landlover12 12-09-2010 09:17 AM

P38 crank shaft sensor....code

This doesn’t make too much sense to me, I ran my codes and canceled them to see if the engine check light would come back on after I drove around for a day or so, but it did not???? I am still going to replace the part because I know that they go bad after a certain amount of miles. I do all the work on my own and I was wondering there is any difference with installing this sensor compared to putting an oxygen sense in? Also i am taking the car on a 10hr drive next week and i dont know if i will get te part in time is it bad to drive with a bad one??
The code is p0335

the other codes that came up are=
p1314
p0158
p1193

handsome rob 12-09-2010 11:10 PM

What year is the rover? If the sensor is bad then it will either not start or it will stall out after a few minutes. I have not much issue with them on the GEMS motor but on the Bosch they fail all the time. I would at least buy one and keep it if it is Bosch just in case.

Landlover12 12-10-2010 07:41 AM

The range is a 96 4.0 whare should i get it? I normally get my parts off of rovers north but I did not find the part on there site?? The check engine light still has not come back on i am not shure whats going on

96 p38 Range
1978 Toyota FJ-40 (For Sale)

handsome rob 12-11-2010 11:30 PM

Atlantic British has them, I do not have the part number though. They run about $85 if I remember what I paid last.

Landlover12 12-12-2010 07:54 AM

Thanks 938 crank

I just ordered it to be overnighted to me so that i have it when i drive south on thursday.I want to spray the bolts in advance, whare exactly id it located and also do you know of any junk yards over the internet thati could buy prts from?

handsome rob 12-12-2010 10:48 PM

It is on the lower drivers side of the engine toward the rear by the bell housing of the transmission. It is probably under a cover so it may not be all that obvious. If you look on you tube you should be able to find a video of it, you may need to search for a D2 video but I am willing to bet they are similar.

Most wrecking yards will ship to you, they do not get all their business locally unless they are a pick and pull.

interequip 12-16-2010 07:38 AM

Diagnostic Scanner , Car Hoist , Brake Lathes

interequip 04-02-2011 12:27 PM

free classified advertising
information about pakistan
travel in pakistan
tourism in pakistan
tourism of pakistan
rent a car
rent car
renting a car
free classified