Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   Random Beeping Sounds (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/random-beeping-sounds-18800/)

MadDawg 01-12-2009 11:53 AM

Random Beeping Sounds

Does anyone every get random beeping sound in their range rovers? I get it sometimes and I look all around the dash to see if a message pops up, but I can't figure out why the beeping occurs. Seat belts are on and all doors are shut tight. It happens every now and then.

Thoughts on what this could be?

luxury1 01-12-2009 02:23 PM

RE: Random Beeping Sounds

Yes I have heard the random beeps! I don't have a clue what it is and when I asked the dealership they said that they would need to hear it in order to figure it out which is nearly impossible since it is somewhat uncommon.

MadDawg 01-12-2009 02:32 PM

LOL....I thought I was going crazy. Everytime I hear it, I look all around the Dash and the car to try and figure out what's happening. Obviously, my first reaction is maybe the doors aren't shut properly, but it always has been. Next, I make sure my seltbelt is securely fastened which it always is as well...

So, I will keep an eye on this and hopefully I will be able to figure it out! Its really weird when it happens though.

ldivine 01-12-2009 04:39 PM

Sure you aren't just imagining things? ;)

No beeps here but my electrical gremlins haven't come out to play on my MKII, at least not yet.

WolfPack 01-12-2009 06:13 PM

Ive gotten a frantic call from the girlfriend before about random beeping from the Range...the speed limit alert was on:D Beeps each time you cross the set limit.

luxury1 01-12-2009 06:40 PM

That is funny, the limit thing is an easy way to get thrown off. Mine definitely isn't the limit, nor the height warning. It isn't anything intuitive and it is a secret that only my Rover knows. My other strange sound is15 seconds of strange buzzing from the dash after I shut the caroff. It hashappened only three times or so. Between the two it is a symphony :)

WolfPack 01-12-2009 06:56 PM

Haha I lol'd

Good post :D

4.4Range 01-14-2009 06:14 PM

Here are the beeps that I was able to figure out from my Range.

1. It beeps when Outside temperature hits 37 F. Maybe a warning to whatch out foricebergs???
2. It beeps when I have 31 miles left on the gas tank. Very useful. Beeps when I'm driving, when I park and when I start the car.
3. Beeps when I leave my lights on. My Range is an 04 so I don't have automatick headlights.

Lux- I believe that buzz is your ebox fan. Not sure if the newer models have them, but the 03-05 does.

luxury1 01-14-2009 07:29 PM

Hmm, what is the ebox fan? I am not familiar with this.

Thanks!

Faymester 01-14-2009 09:28 PM

4.4Range, those are the ones I've figured out too

I've also have these random beeps, right now it's usually the temperature one.