General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 Range Rover 4.6 Dashboard controls

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:17 PM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2000 Range Rover 4.6 Dashboard controls

Hello All,

I am new to the forum and just traded someone for their 2000 RR 4.6 HSE and have some very generic questions. They did leave me all of the service records and vehicle info packets but, I am still wondering what a few buttons above the radio are. I have attached a photo that will help. If anyone knows what the button in question is it would be greatly appreciated.

With regards to the ride height(s) do they automatically change during driving or does the selection need to be made prior to putting the car in gear?

I have also noticed the picture of a service book and an ! on the climate controls. Will my local auto parts store have a code reader that can diagnose or is it a propriatary piece of equipment that only the dealer has?

How long can I expect them to run for? The service on this vehicle has been meticulous but, I have heard they have been ridiculed for a high cost of ownership and would rather sell it while it runs well than keep it until it doesnt.

If there is anything else anyone would reccomend knowing about this vechicle it would be apprecaited. Thanks for your patience with me and answering the questions. I am looking forward to driving this car in the snow! (even though it is snowing right now in Park City!!)

Attached Thumbnails 2000 Range Rover 4.6 Dashboard controls-buttons.jpg.jpg  

Last edited by nicklawn; 05-17-2011 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Lastly, I know that the car has illuminated entry but, how do I turn it on? Thanks!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:20 PM
7th Gear

I also forgot to ask how to use the front headlight wipers?

Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The front headlight washers can be activated by turning the lights on and then pushing the wash windshield button.

The button you have pointed to in the picture is the EAS suspend or manual overide button. I keeps the suspension from moving on its own. Leave the ride height in the default position (the solid line). It will automatically adjust the suspension based on speed. The indicator will let you know what height it is in.

Maintenance can be tricky with these rigs, but they will generally take care of you if you take care of them. Most problems are easy to fix and can be done yourself or a local mechanic that you trust. They are complex electrically, but in the end its a car and there are plenty of places you can get help if you encounter an issue. Just remember to keep it well maintained, and you will probably never have a problem.

The climate control book symbol indicates a climate control fault. If the system functions correctly, I wouldn't worry about it. Mine has been doing this since I bought it and the system functions normally. OH, and yes you will need special equipment to read the hvac codes.

Old 05-17-2011, 07:27 PM
7th Gear
Default Thanks lrscott!!

Thanks again!! Im sure I will have more questions to come!

Old 05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
7th Gear

Oh and I forgot to ask, does the 2000 RR 4.6 HSE have a rain sensor? I have noticed a little red light/housing in the middle towards the windshield but, wasnt sure if it was the security light/rain sensor. How does it turn on?

Old 05-18-2011, 12:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure about the bosch models but mine does not have a rain sensor. The red light comes on when the alarm is activated and then blinks periodically to let you know its armed.

Old 11-30-2020, 07:29 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4wd

i just bought a 2001 range rover 4.6 HSE. how do i get it in 4WD?

Old 06-23-2021, 08:58 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erbrooks
i just bought a 2001 range rover 4.6 HSE. how do i get it in 4WD?
It's always in 4 wheel drive