General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upgrade Rear (and front) Wiper Blades For LR Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Wiper Blade Website

Originally Posted by RROJ
ok, Thanks Jeff. "wipers123" is a website? Whats the full name so others will be able to benefit too. I'm sure I will be needing front and rear windshield wipers by winter. Thanks again!
RROJ
Oops...sorry: http://www.wipers123.com

Keep me posted on the liners too.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:11 AM
Mudding

Currently I have the Rain X frameless wipers, store bought. They work quite well. Have also had good luck with Michelin branded wipers. Bosch Icon are good sometimes, depends on the vehicle.

Never really had much of a problem finding the size myself with the little gadget at the parts store....but hey, whatever makes you feel comfortable with your purchasing method.

Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 AM
4wd Low
Question Please clarify

Originally Posted by Chris X
Currently I have the Rain X frameless wipers, store bought. They work quite well. Have also had good luck with Michelin branded wipers. Bosch Icon are good sometimes, depends on the vehicle.

Never really had much of a problem finding the size myself with the little gadget at the parts store....but hey, whatever makes you feel comfortable with your purchasing method.
Are you using the rainx latitudes (frameless) on the rear? I've had other guys say that they're just too curved and stiff for the rear and the center of the blade has a tough time making contact. Please report back on this. That's one of the reasons I got excited about the neoforms because there are no issues with contact. I think the general spring pressure on the front wipers is much greater and the glass is more curved, so there's less issues. The rear is the tricky part based off what I've read.

Old 06-03-2010, 12:15 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HEADLAMP wipers ordered through Atlantic British. I received them minutes ago and installed them. I also got a cargo liner. Not the $400+ the dealer wanted but a decent one with raised sides so the dirt water whatever doesn't ruin the carpet in the cargo area.
I'm very satisfied with Atlantic British from the ease of their website, the customer service and how fast they got my order to me. A+ Atlantic British!

Old 06-04-2010, 10:49 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by jeff618
Are you using the rainx latitudes (frameless) on the rear? I've had other guys say that they're just too curved and stiff for the rear and the center of the blade has a tough time making contact. Please report back on this. That's one of the reasons I got excited about the neoforms because there are no issues with contact. I think the general spring pressure on the front wipers is much greater and the glass is more curved, so there's less issues. The rear is the tricky part based off what I've read.

Jeff I don't have the Rover with me at the moment but I will surely check and get back to you. Thinking about it I don't believe I have the frameless on the rear, I remember bending the metal frame by hand to get it to make better contact with the glass at the edge at some point and I don't think I've replaced that wiper since that time.

With 4 cars, sometimes i lose track of what's where!

I know for sure I have Rain X on the front and I'm very happy with them. But they didn't work at all for my Jeep ZJ, they would just lift off at speed. So it takes a little trial and error sometimes.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:59 AM
4wd Low
Arrow

Originally Posted by Chris X
Jeff I don't have the Rover with me at the moment but I will surely check and get back to you. Thinking about it I don't believe I have the frameless on the rear, I remember bending the metal frame by hand to get it to make better contact with the glass at the edge at some point and I don't think I've replaced that wiper since that time.

With 4 cars, sometimes i lose track of what's where!

I know for sure I have Rain X on the front and I'm very happy with them. But they didn't work at all for my Jeep ZJ, they would just lift off at speed. So it takes a little trial and error sometimes.
Cool...Thanks!

Old 06-05-2010, 06:09 PM
Mudding

Hi Jeff - checked the rear wiper, it is indeed a Rain X, however it is a metal frame version, not a frameless. For what it's worth, with a little hand manipulation (i.e. bend it!) it actually works quite well, wipes just fine, no shudders or missed spots. Could probably get the same performance with just about any metal blade if you bent it a little i think.

Hope this helps - best of luck.

-Chris