General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think of the Range over conversion kit?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 04:24 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink What do you think of the Range over conversion kit?

Hi guys, i saw a site for the range rover conversion to range over, im just wondering what are your oipinions on this? i know it looks good for the p38 but wont that affect the value of the car? (if theres a value to it lol!) and if ever , do you guys know where i can get the kit cheaper than the fully commercialized one's ? thanks

Old 02-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Hard to tell for sure what you are asking about???
Are you wanting to do a coil conversion and wonder if it is worth it?
Some might say to convert cause they don't know how to fix the EAS system.
The other consideration is how used to the original suspension are you, the coil conversion will ride alot differently.
Off road there may be some pros for the coils, all depends on what you use the truck for.

Old 02-23-2009, 10:23 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Agreed, I have no idea what your talking about since you mention it 'looks good' it has to be something appearance wise.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:32 PM
Drifting

I have owned 3 Range Rovers all with EAS, and have never been a fan of the conversion, but now, after riding in one with the conversion this weekend can add, IT SUX to convert! NO COMPARISON of the ride, Air is supreme in ride comfort, control and function!

My opinion, but if you buy a RR and convert, you are owning the Range Rover to impress the girls, might as well buy one of those Mercedes grills and put it on your Honda.

The RR EAS system is one of the wounderful parts of the Range Rover, what makes it the best SUV, and if you try, "That's a hard word for most" Try to understand the system, you will find it is mostly reppaired by "you", and much of the time, repaired for a reasonable price.

Old 02-23-2009, 03:28 PM
Three Wheeling

HI guys sorry for the confusion, what i mean to say conversion from p38 to l322 look heres the site http://www.rangeover.co.uk/

Old 02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Overlanding

I have to say that the kit looks cool, but it is not cheap at all. It also doesn't include any of the lights, etc.

I would say save up and get an l322, because you may be able to change the look, but the engine and components will be the same.

It is a nice look though...if it is that good.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The exterior looks pretty good minus the side vents. I still prefer the P38's body to the MKIII so i'm a bit biased. The interior looks horrible though. Maybe it's just bad shots but looks like a pretty poor attempt to recreate the MKIII's interior.

You probably can't get a kit cheaper then the commercialized ones would be my guess. And as for resale. P38s have little to no resale anymore.

Would love to see a P38 with the kit in person though. Exterior modifications look pretty professional.

Regards

Old 02-23-2009, 07:23 PM
Three Wheeling
Wink

Originally Posted by Mbenz528i
I have to say that the kit looks cool, but it is not cheap at all. It also doesn't include any of the lights, etc.

I would say save up and get an l322, because you may be able to change the look, but the engine and components will be the same.

It is a nice look though...if it is that good.
theres a full package that includes the lights im trying to locate more source for the kit. i love my p38 so much and i know the value will keep dropping but i guess i can say its for keeps for me. i fell in love with the truck even tho i know that its a love and hate relationship with the endless repairs btw im lucky to get my rr at a very mint condition, only 7k miles got it from a collector who passd away

Old 02-24-2009, 07:53 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally I think that trying to make an early car look like a later one is akin to Joan Rivers having yet another facelift in a pathetic attempt to fool someone into believing that is she is only 25 years old. Bloody nasty in my opinion and you would never recover the cost. I'm also reliably informed that that the early cars computers will not support the self levelling function of the later model headlamps so there might be issues with regional safety inspections not to mention the police.

Old 02-24-2009, 08:12 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Well, I like it.

I'd do it if I had one and planned on keeping it.

Quick Reply: What do you think of the Range over conversion kit?