Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Range Rover Discussion - Archived (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/)
-   -   windows or sunroof or mirrors not working (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-range-rover-discussion-archived-19/windows-sunroof-mirrors-not-working-32325/)

sickvehicle 07-06-2010 10:49 PM

windows or sunroof or mirrors not working

well i dont know guys it was like this when i got it (1995 p38 model)
however when i shift in to reverse mirrors move down towards the street and back when in drive i checked the driver door motor jumped it and it does work i have some what checked the switch pack best i could and it seems to be getting power to the board on the dash it says rear windows off? had not notice that before until today it normally says not set and pointers before i take it to the dealer to raped..:eek:

RROJ 07-06-2010 11:09 PM

Fuses?

LRScott 07-06-2010 11:16 PM

Rear windows off means you have the rear windows switched off by pushing the switch to the disabled position (lower middle switch under the sunroof switch). If you've tried to re-engage them and the message won't go away, it is most likely a problem with the switch pack which is a fairly common problem.

sickvehicle 07-07-2010 09:21 AM

fuses

Originally Posted by RROJ (Post 186279)
Fuses?

checked all them

sickvehicle 07-07-2010 09:28 AM

switch pack

Originally Posted by LRScott (Post 186280)
Rear windows off means you have the rear windows switched off by pushing the switch to the disabled position (lower middle switch under the sunroof switch). If you've tried to re-engage them and the message won't go away, it is most likely a problem with the switch pack which is a fairly common problem.

you think it could possibly be the becm? i read a post where it could be that im planing on checking that..aswell as my cig lighter dont work ither also. tho i have not checked the connections behind it i just kno that the window switch and the cig lighter are on the same becm connector port i think its c625 or c626
i dont know worth a check

handsome rob 07-07-2010 01:31 PM

Check the connections first underneath to make sure it is all there and attached. I doubt the becm is causing this but I may be wrong.

LRScott 07-07-2010 08:02 PM

Start with the switch pack since its the cheapest and easiest to repair/replace. I would only look into the BECM if there are other random electrical problems not related to the windows.

sickvehicle 07-08-2010 06:42 AM

i'll start with the pack i really started doubting the becm because im not having no other electric problems really gas door button dont work and like i said before the cig lighter does not work ither but i dont think its related?

sickvehicle 07-16-2010 03:25 AM

fixed it

it was the switch pack thanxs lrscott and everybody else who chimed in...:D

skyguy 07-16-2010 03:44 PM

was it water damage to the board under the swiches?