General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

95 RRC LWB EAS to COIL conversion

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2011, 11:13 PM
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 RRC LWB EAS to COIL conversion

Hello,

I am a newbie, to Range Rovers and this forum. I just bought a 95 RRC LWB and bought the OME HD Lift kit, which I thought would be all I need to convert EAS to Coils. However, as many of you know that's not the case. I also ended up buying the conversion kit and 2" spacers. My question is this, Do I need anything else to convert from EAS to Coils with what I've already purchased, ie. brake lines, panhard rods, ETC.?

I cannot afford to be down much longer than what's needed to do he job so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time with this matter ... Jimmy.

Old 07-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Mudding

On the 2 inch kit you can get by without all the fluff. When you go 3 inches, longer brake lines are needed.

Old 07-03-2011, 12:32 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by priceg
On the 2 inch kit you can get by without all the fluff. When you go 3 inches, longer brake lines are needed.
Right on, I thought that would be an issue and thought I would check in with the experts before buying anything else.

I went about this whole deal backwards.

First I bought the lift kit, which didn't come with the spring seats for the front, top or bottom.

Then I had to buy the "lift kit" which I had the bottom front spring seats and the retainers and such but NOT the top spring seats. Which after reading numerous articles I don't need. I just have to use the stock top perches?

Just one crazy ordeal I've gotten myself into.

Then I thought why stop at 2 inches, I ended up buying the front 2" spacers and rear 1" spacers. Adding to the lift because I only want to do this once, you know what I mean.

Anyhow, thank you for your help with this matter. I'll hopefully post some pictures of the before and after results.

Have a good one all .... Jimmy.