General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Another Three Amigo Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:26 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Three Amigo Problem

I know there are a ton of threads about the dreaded trio (ABS, hill, and traction-control lights). I have spent several hours reading through the threads and have not run across any sending the same OBDII code that I have. It is showing P 1950 on my reader and it will not clear or turn off the three lights. By the way we are talking about a 2002 Disco with 95,000 miles on it. The code accordint to the software was concerning Manf Cntrl Veh. Spd. Idle Speed Control Auxiliary Inputs, this is directly off of the screen. Anyone know what the code is referring to and is it something a person with moderate mechanical ability can change. Also does this have anything to do with the idiot lights being on? Thank you in advance for any words of wisdom on these problems. Our Rover dealer here in central Ohio seems to be really slow and expensive, two things I need to avoid.[8D]
Leon

Old 07-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Administrator
Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts
Default RE: Another Three Amigo Problem

There is no way that you can clear the codes for your ABS, you need a scanner like a T4 or an Auto Logic to access those faults.
Mike

Old 07-31-2007, 11:16 AM
2nd Gear

Thank you Mike for that tip. If I may pick your brain some more? Do you have any idea what is throwing the code P 1950 on the OBDII reader? The last time I worked on a car personally was my 79 Jeep Wrangler that was nowhere as sophisticated as todays vehicles. Also the Three Amigos flashed on while I was driving on the highway at about 70 mph, everything did seem fine I just heard the chime and looked down and there they were. Several days later the brakes started grinding, Being ignorant of what I was dealing with I had my local mechanic put new aftermarket pads on, no rotors. Could this be the warning light problem and if I replace the pads and rotors with Rover oem will the problem go away, including lights, or will I still need to find the proper device to turn off the lights. Thank you for any help you may have.
Leon

Old 08-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Drifting

you will need to get the codes read from a dealer or someone with a computer that will read the abs codes. Most likely a abs sensor, the right front go bad alot. They actually sell overlay harness now that runs all the way from the hub to the slabs ecu.