Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/)
-   -   Disco 2 immobilizer (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/disco-2-immobilizer-82960/)

fastjohn 02-13-2017 10:20 PM

Disco 2 immobilizer

Have an 01 D2, throwing a P1673. Cranks, no start, and the M and S lights on the dash are flashing.

Tried EKA - get no confirmation sound when holding the driver's door key all the way to lock for 5 seconds. It does lock and unlock all doors when using the key on the driver's door, so everything else with the door lock seems to be working.
I do have the original owner's manual, but they didn't bother to write down the security code, so I was going to try the NA 1515 code.

Have a key fob that came with the D2, but had no battery. Put in a new battery, the light on the fob lights up, but tried a sync holding unlock button and tapping the lock button 3 times after switching ignition to position II and back off, and get no response.

Finally... I have been unable to find anyone nearby who has any sort of advanced computer to reset things, and the nearest dealer is about 100 miles away - an ungodly tow bill.

Before I spend the $$$, will a nanocom II solve this?

What options do I have to deal with this now? I would really prefer to find a way to reset this myself, in case it happens again. Otherwise, the D2 is in great shape - I did replace the water pump and all PS hoses last summer, and HG's and air suspension delete were done by the PO.

Appreciate any pearls of wisdom... I work on cars and write software for a living, and this has me tied in knots.

mollusc 02-14-2017 06:45 AM

Did you try disconnecting the vehicle battery for an hour or so?

number9 02-14-2017 06:22 PM

Have an 01 D2, throwing a P1673. Cranks, no start, and the M and S lights on the dash are flashing.
Don't believe you have a security issue since it cranks. Focus on the obvious of not starting.

abran 02-14-2017 10:40 PM

Where are you located?

fastjohn 02-14-2017 11:31 PM

I have been disconnecting the battery every night - some gremlin has been causing the battery to drain overnight (I can hear a relay clicking about once a minute). That has been going on for over a year.

The Deputy 02-16-2017 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by number9 (Post 596371)
Don't believe you have a security issue since it cranks. Focus on the obvious of not starting.

This^^^^

If it is turning/cranking over, but has M and S lights flashing...I'd make sure the battery is fully charge and in good working order (load tested) and clean/tighten battery terminals.

If it still won't start, listen to hear if the fuel pump is running for a few seconds after turning the ignition key on or while the engine is being cranked over. Check for spark at the plug. Are there any codes?

Brian.

fastjohn 02-18-2017 07:19 AM

I'm in central KY. Code is P1673, which is immobilizer activated.

Looks like it's not getting any fuel or spark - that's in line with the immobilizer. What I've been able to dig up on it is - when active, the engine will crank, but no spark or fuel.

The M and S lights start flashing a few seconds after turning the ignition on.

number9 02-18-2017 05:41 PM

What I've been able to dig up
Please provide yours sources. What kind of shovel are you digging with?