Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/)
-   -   discovery 2 imobliser and alarm problem (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/discovery-2-imobliser-alarm-problem-53770/)

cookey 10-25-2012 11:11 AM

discovery 2 imobliser and alarm problem

hi i have a disco2 and the alarm and immobiler kee fob will not open it or close it and to add to my bother the door lock seems to b broke so i cant open with kee ..
is their any way to bypass the immobilesr and alarm can i remove it ?..
i only use it for hunting ans general a second car.
their must b sum way to bypass the 2 problem issues

Rovin4life 10-26-2012 09:08 AM

No, call a locksmith, they might get in. if not you have to break the rear window to open the door. That would be the corner window. Its the cheapest. Then you need to buy a new lock or get it rebuilt by the locksmith. You just pull the handle and give it to them to rebuild. You will have two keys but one lock.

4100xpb 10-26-2012 09:57 AM

Just to be sure we're not breaking windows without cause, you tried the key in the passenger door too, right?

Bkreutz 10-27-2012 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by 4100xpb (Post 353407)
Just to be sure we're not breaking windows without cause, you tried the key in the passenger door too, right?

D2's only have a key slot in the drivers door:rolleyes:

cookey 10-27-2012 09:42 AM

lol not braking any windows lol ............
i have got access to it so i removed door handle and used screwdriver to try and enter EKA code but the dam landy will not take it arrrr ..
so what can i do next ????..
is their a chip in the kee fob??

Rovin4life 10-28-2012 10:38 AM

unlock the vehicle and cycle the key a few times and leave it in the ignition. Sometimes those will start it just needs to see a signal from the lock. or you could lock the vehicle, disconnect the battery hook it back up and then unlock the door to disarm it.
oh and most importantly push the door latch in so the vehicle thinks the door is shut.

cookey 10-28-2012 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Rovin4life (Post 353691)
unlock the vehicle and cycle the key a few times and leave it in the ignition. Sometimes those will start it just needs to see a signal from the lock. or you could lock the vehicle, disconnect the battery hook it back up and then unlock the door to disarm it.
oh and most importantly push the door latch in so the vehicle thinks the door is shut.

thanks but no good tried it i changed receiver today and no good think ill have to take it to main dealer tomorrow arrrrr ,,
3 and a half hour drive for me to take it on a trailer

cookey 10-28-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rovin4life (Post 353395)
No, call a locksmith, they might get in. if not you have to break the rear window to open the door. That would be the corner window. Its the cheapest. Then you need to buy a new lock or get it rebuilt by the locksmith. You just pull the handle and give it to them to rebuild. You will have two keys but one lock.

they are the easy jeep i ever had to brake in to lol pop bonnet their is a button under their to unlock it ..
u can also wedg top of doo out and open with a bit of wire ,,

cookey 12-11-2012 02:25 PM

hear is a small up date guys i still have not got a running jeep arrrrr.
left it in a 4x4 garage he is not having much luck kee working fine bcu ecu working but still not go car will not recive kee fob and will not turn over ..
so any advice at this stage would help .
new reciver fitted as well sum one must of had this problem b4 i cant b the only one in the world with this problem ..
can i bypass imobiliser ??

cookey 02-01-2013 10:03 AM

Turns out it was the BCU so I got the ecu remapped to remove emobilser..
Now my next problem is how do I disable alarm the jeep is running now but alarm going off and on .
How can bypass it