General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dreaded suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2017, 03:35 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dreaded suspension issues

hi guys need your help desperately. 2001 discovery td5.
Rear passenger side kept going down after 30 mins so replaced the air suspension bag
(Was going to do the other side at same time).
Turned on car and it pumped up but I could see it starting to go down slowly again. I could hear air leaking from the compressor area so started to investigate.
I wiggled the blue connection on the valve unit and noticed the air stop and start (compressor not running, engine turned off).

Call me stupid but in my wisdom I went about changing the self levelling unit on that side as I (for some unknown reason) had an idea the the unit may be telling the computer that the car wasn't level and was trying to adjust its self.
I Removed the electrical connection and air rushed out of somewhere towards the compressor, which was a bit unexpected. I then unbolted and replaced the self levelling unit, started the car the compressor stated but didn't pump up. I took the main pipe of the compressor while it was running and air was being pumped and the same with the feed tube to the valves. I checked one of the solenoids buy taking it apart and turning the car on and the electromagnet had pulled the plunger in. Put the old self levelling unit back on but no change, disconnect the battery for 10 mins but no change, checked for air arriving at the new airbag by removing the feed pipe but nothing.
It seemed it all went wrong when I disconnected the self levelling connection and air rushed out. Could a pressure release valve be stuck open and how do I find / repair it???
Thanks in advance