General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Freelander Door Warning Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 07:04 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freelander Door Warning Sensor

Hi Everyone - I have a 2004 freelander - yesterday upon starting i noticed the door open warning light was on (along with the interior lights), all the doors were closed and rear window closed. I started to drive and the light and interior lights starting blinking randomly, almost along with bumps in the road, then they just stayed on. I messed around with the doors, tail window, individual latch mechanisms, and nothing helps. I removed the fuse for the interior light so i could lock up but when i did that the key in ignition warning beep went on and would not go off. However, that wont help anyway because at certain times the door warning light randomly blinks in a fast tempo which last night cause the alarm to go off without the doors actually opening. today it seemed ok for a little while and is now in a random on/off/blinking state. so right now im stuck with driving with blinking interior lights and not being able to lock. I ve been looking for info on the door open sensor but there is little avail info. Im hoping its a cheap relay i can fix myself and not part of the actual latch or lock mechanism.

Does anyone have any info related to the door sensor?

thanks for your help!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 08:09 AM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same thing

I have the same problem. Any ideas for a fix?

Old 01-19-2012, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Will be either a door lock motor assembly (the four doors); which has door switch built in, grounds the purple & white wire, or the hood switch, or the tail gate switch. You can test for the grounds or disconnect the following to test by area:

Connector C0428 on the CCU - pin 21 (the four doors), pin 22 (hood), pin 23 (tail door). Automotive door switch are normally open when door is closed and close or short to ground when door is open.

I would test the hood and tail gate first, should be able to disconnect at the switch. But I'm not sure that the hood switch would turn on interior lights, so maybe begin with tail gate.

Full electrical printouts and tech manuals in the RAVE, free download in my signature.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
output.pdf053.pdf (737.6 KB, 728 views)
File Type: pdf
output.pdf054.pdf (446.1 KB, 490 views)
Old 01-20-2012, 07:05 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

the only thing you can do to find out which door it is is to jump the two wires for the switch. only then can you find out what door it is.

on our systems we can only see the driver door and the passenger door. all three passenger doors are in series with each other. trust me it sucked for us.