General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3 warning lights at once. Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:55 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3 warning lights at once. Help

Ok. I bought a 00 DII last weekend. I have put about 250 miles on it so far with now issues. I was driving it today and the Hill Decent Control failure light, ABS light and Traction Control light all came on at the same time and stayed on. I didnt try to turnthetruckoff then back on once I got home to see if they were going to stay on or not. But it was a bit strange to have all 3 come on at the same time. I was braking to make a turn when they came on. Lite braking. I am guessing it's an ABS issue since I'm pretty sure that the ABS controls all of these. Any opinions?

Thanks

Old 12-10-2008, 01:08 PM
Drifting
Default RE: 3 warning lights at once. Help

I just checked the fuses and relay. All are fine. At least for the ABS. I started the truck back up and the lights did not come on. I pressed the brakes many times at different intensities and no light. Any ideas?

Old 12-10-2008, 01:21 PM
Drifting

OK I found some old posts about this very issue. I will check everything that I can and see whats up. I am putting a new spring and shock package on this weekend and can check everything then. Maybe it's time for a brake job, but nothing squeaks or sounds bad and it brakes very well. Might be that speed sensor issue. Would that be a recall deal or just test and replace the bad one?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Do your brakes squeak when stopping? If you do a panic stop from above 30 MPH, do you feel the ABS pulsate thru the brake pedal?

Old 12-11-2008, 08:59 AM
Drifting

No squeaking as far as I know. I havent heard it anyway. I will try the brake check stop this morning and see what happens.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM
Drifting

ABS works fine. So now I will wait to see this weekend when I put in the new suspension what the brakes look like.

Old 12-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Drifting

I have the very same issue. The ABS works well when the lights are not on, however, when the lights are on the ABS does not work. Makes sense, just not sure what to do about it.

Old 12-12-2008, 10:19 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: TD4141

ABS works fine. So now I will wait to see this weekend when I put in the new suspension what the brakes look like.
Since your ABS pulsates on a hard stop, you are in pretty good shape.
Need to find a mechanic who has a scanner capable of getting into your ABS, read and clear the codes. Lights may stay off, if they come back, then look closely at the fault codes and see which one keeps coming on, then you may need to throw a part at it.
Let us know what they find.

Old 12-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Drifting

Yea, came on again yestersday but I wasnt able to do another ABS stop test since I was in a high end neighborhood. Of cours turned it off and the light stayed off the rest of the day. Finally had the suspension package show up today so maybe tomorrow I will get the wheels off and do a quick break check.

Old 12-13-2008, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Quit worrying about if it works and spend more energy in fixing it.
Are your brakes dusty and or squeak? If so fix that before you set the trio and have to go pay an extra $100 just to have the codes read and cleared.

Quick Reply: 3 warning lights at once. Help