General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Three Amigo's and p1590

Old 12-23-2008, 03:09 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Three Amigo's and p1590

Hello all,

Help a newbie out please! lol.

My '03 Disco 2 put on the ABS/TRAC/DSC lights today... I've done some reading and everyone says check the codes to see if it mentions shuttle valves. I went to Land Rover and they told me they couldn't do a 'diagnostic' until JANUARY! I'm leaving on the 3000 mile road trip in a week so I can't wait that long! I went to a friend at Chrysler and he used a Snap-on Scan tool and read the code P1590. When I look it up it says 'Rough road sensor'?? Errm so does this mean I shouldn't do the ABS modulator shuttle valve kit... I'm so confused!

Any help is appreciated!

Old 12-23-2008, 08:25 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Default RE: Three Amigo's and p1590

The 1590 code is a rough road/ABS fault, always comes on as part of the 3 amigos.
Have your brakes been squeaking? If you do a hard panic stop from 35 MPH can you feel the ABS pulsate thru the brake pedal?

Old 12-24-2008, 04:48 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the abs pump switch kit if the modulater aint leaking dealer only the price i dont remember being expensive ill check with parts in the mourning scott

Old 12-24-2008, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Can't for the likes of me figure out what you are trying to say Scott ????????????????????????????

Old 12-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ch pack for modulater (ABS) $129.00 at dealer. The ABS plate. call any dealer. scott

Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Administrator

Do yourself a big favor and don't waste the money, that kit was a near total flop, Rover has since come up with the proper shuttle valve replace kit for around $800.
By the way, the 1590 is a Rough Road/ABS fault that comes on for all ABS issues and does not indicate what part may be needed, to find that you need the proper scanner.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:58 AM
4wd High

Mike,

Thanks so much for your response. So I do infact need to hook up to a different scanner at the LR stealership? Problem is the a****le's at my local one seem to think Jan is an appropriate time to do this... a week after I have to leave!

Does anyone know of anywhere I can get some work done on the Disco around the London Ontario area? Also Mike what is your gut feeling about my problem? At this point I almost feel like orderinga hub and sensor and a shuttle valve kit (Atlantic British has one, is it suitable http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/SWO500030G.cfm) and taking my chances.

I do definately still have ABS... I nail the pedel in rough weather and I feel and hear it working. Same deal with DS control and TC. My brakes are squealing badly, I've got new rotors and pads in a box, would this really change anything?

Old 12-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Why are you wanting to just throw parts at it when you don't have a clue what is wrong.
If you want to blow some money, send me a check.
So your ABS pulsates, what about the brake squeak I asked you about?????

Old 12-24-2008, 09:19 PM
4wd High

LOL....

Mike I know what your saying and I really don't want to throw money at the problem, that's why I'm hear.... On my first post you'll see that I am leaving on a 3000 mile trip to Florida from Ontario, Canada in 1 week. The bloody dealer said they refuse to 'diagnose' my Disco until January as they are soooo backed up right now. I have no other dealer within 2 hours of me making it difficult to get my Disco hooked up to an appropriate reader to give me a true code diagnostic. I obviously can't just not go on my family vacation as that would involve me forfeiting alot more than a grands worth of Landy bits. Which is why I said I'd happily spend more to fix it right now... but not through desire!

Sooo... what I meant was I've been reading alot on these forums and you seem to be a great wealth of knowledge to most, I've read where you have given your opinion and after all is said and done it appears your 99% correct! So I asked you what your 'gut' opinion maybe on my Disco for this reason.

In my last post at the bottom I did mention that my brakes are squealing, I'm changing the rotors and pads on boxing day when I have a day off. Do you feel this maybe some of my issue? The truck has 110,000kms or roughly 75,000miles on it and is usually in tip top shape. Would it be something like a hub issue? I'm fairly new to Disco's however I've had countless Range Rovers in the UK and never had an issue at this kind of mileage.

Any help is appreciated a great deal... hell I'll even buy you a beer if your close by! Or fed-ex one if not! Ha ha!

Old 12-25-2008, 02:59 PM
4wd High

Anyone...?... help. If not I guess I'm going to have to drive a little over two hours just to get a code read.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Three Amigo's and p1590