General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Need some electrical Help with a 97 discovery

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 02:11 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some electrical Help with a 97 discovery

Ok, this may be long winded and I apologize. Saturday night I went and played with my landrover a little in some mud and water, one puddle was a little deeper than I thought but made it through, land rover cut off on me but cranked right back up and kept going. well a few hours later i go to start it in my friends driveway and it wont start I notice that the lights are not flashing like the alarm is turning on and off, and i can hear a relay under the passenger dash that is nto closing it just keeps opening and closing really fast, I pull the relay out it is the one picture. I can also hear the thing under the hood in the other picture making the same sound. Also I am not getting spark to the plugs, because the motor will turn if i hold the key on start for about 2-3 seconds, and i pulled a wire to check for spark and there was none. also if i turn the key to kinda between on and start the relay will sometimes stay closed adn the engine will try to start immediately, but I still have no spark so the engine will not fire. Finally I have noticed that when locking and unlocking with the key (btw i do not have a remote) I sometimes get the lights to flash when locking and unlocking the doors but instead of the normal 2 flashes it is giving me 3 long flashes when I lock it And I believe a long single flash when I unlock it. If anyone knows how to fix this It would help me out a ton. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Need some electrical Help with a 97 discovery-121509_1127.jpg   Need some electrical Help with a 97 discovery-121509_1127%5B1%5D.jpg   Need some electrical Help with a 97 discovery-121509_1129.jpg