General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

No start, constant clicking with flashing interior and exterior lights.

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2019, 06:43 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start, constant clicking with flashing interior and exterior lights.

Hi Everyone. I have a 2011 RR Sport Supercharged 5.0. I did an oil change last week and my engine light came on as I was driving today. I pulled over and decided to check the oil on the instrument panel and it read “Unavailable”. I drove it home and did a google search and found a way to bypass this “Unavailable” message by opening the hood and the driver’s side door and then pressing the CAN button on the cruise control twice after selecting the oil level on the dash. It worked and my oil level read “max”. After that things went downhill quickly. I decided to disconnect the negative on the battery to see if the “Unavailable” message went away but it didn’t. When I tried to start the vehicle I received several error messages beginning with an ABS error, traction control error, etc. and everything essentially locked-up. Now I have a constant clicking sound with flashing interior and exterior lights and a no start condition. The only way to get this to stop was to disconnect the battery. I put a volt meter on the battery and it read 6.5V, which I know is extremely low. I’m surprised the lights were able to flash with the voltage that low. Does anyone have any ideas on what could be wrong? Did I make a huge mistake by bypassing the “Unavailable” message for the oil? Did the engine light come on due to low battery voltage while I was driving? Could that battery be good but possibly have drained due to my attempts to start and all of the flashing lights? Also, I did remove fuse #17 for one minute as I read that this could cure the no-start issue. Thanks very much for any help you could provide!

- Gary

Old 01-11-2020, 06:37 AM
guy
Winching
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Unable to be of any assistance until a full battery is used. And codes are provided.
best I can offer now is: get a new fully charged battery.

The following users liked this post:
No Doubt (01-11-2020)