General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Help! Do you recognize this bushing?

Old 04-17-2018, 03:00 PM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Help! Do you recognize this bushing?

Hi all... I hope you’re having a great week so far.

So though this is my first time posting, I’ve found these forums tremendously helpful since adopting my first D2, and they’ve also helped stoke my now approaching fanatical love for these vehicles.

That said, I am at a point where I’m in need the help of someone intimately experienced with the Bosch 4.6...

I just stripped the heads off my truck (my first time on this truck), and as I was wrapping them up to go for their valve job, I noticed a small bushing, covered in oil, on the garage floor next to the heads.

I exercised quite a bit of care in organizing and storing the parts as they came off (I thought)... but I can’t figure out where the hell this bushing came from.

I would hate for my otherwise careful and lasting job to be screwed because I didn’t put a bushing back in place.

The only things I have stripped are what was what was required to pull the heads (manifolds, front brackets, etc...) so it has to be from those limited components.

I appreciate the help, and thanks for reading!