Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum

Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum (https://landroverforums.com/forum/)
-   General Tech Help (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/)
-   -   pieces parts (https://landroverforums.com/forum/general-tech-help-8/pieces-parts-89073/)

mudpuppy229 04-14-2018 09:24 PM

pieces parts

Was wondering if anyone had the piece of plastic that went from the windshield/ screen and under the hood for a disco 2. The part that the wipers come out of. If not, anyone know where I can find one? asking for a friend hahahaha:laugh:

JUKE179r 04-14-2018 10:19 PM

Honestly your best bet is to try on eBay for a new manufactured windshield cowling #JAG100100 or #JAK000010PMA.
I badly need one so the windshield cowlings that I try to remove from scrap yard Discos are too far gone to be reused. They were badly cracked and weathered or the underside clips where broken off.

mudpuppy229 04-14-2018 11:55 PM

yeah .. mine is beyond repair... although someone tryd lol.... I got new wiper blades and they don't seem to fit for half the windshield on both side.... so I thinking this might be the problem, ordered new arms from lucky 8 (duh) and I hope that might fix it... but was venturing on the cowl..after looking under that... I might need the wiper linkage too asap... never ending story hahaha just glad it's back on the road... guess I need to update that ... thanks for the info for the part #

mudpuppy229 04-14-2018 11:58 PM

where are those located BTW? is this a lucky part or what... I see you said E-bay... but a link or name to the provider would be good. thanks!!!

Best4x4 04-15-2018 09:56 AM

You can get a fiberglass windshield cowl from overseas. It "might" last longer vs the OEM plastic one. I only know of one person that bought one & I haven't heard anything bad about it.

Sixpack577 04-15-2018 12:10 PM

I saw a good one 2 weeks ago at the Lynchburg Pick n Save.
I plan on going back soon.
I'm about 2 hrs from you. I'll let you know if I find one.
You may want to look on Roanoke's Pick n Save site too.
They had some D2's a few months ago, and is about an hour from you.

razorkill12 04-15-2018 12:40 PM

new ones seem to run in the 200-300 dollar range...
https://www.lucky8llc.com/collection...indshield-cowl

I have needed one for a while, but just hav'nt bit the bullet yet...
Hope you have luck finding a used one in good condition..

Matt

mudpuppy229 04-16-2018 02:41 AM

yeah SixPack I remember you're close... Lol haven't been on in a while but, I know I owe you a beer or six. I got new wiper blades for inspection and it passed...since it wasn't raining. The new blades don't seem to fit to the windshield at the bottom. this sucked really bad when it snowed last week since I had to literally sit up and look out of the top of the windshield to get home. I ordered new arms but, I noticed that when I move the cowl, the wiper arms moved too. Mine is cracked all to sh%$ and I'm thinking that, if I go in and do and overhaul of the wiper drive... I just as well replace the cowl.... since it will fall to pieces when I try to take it off
If you could keep your eyes peeled that would be great!! If you do see one message or call if you don't mind.... 54zero-21nine-9five72. My GF's daughter goes to school down that way and may be able to pick it up. Thanks!

mudpuppy229 04-16-2018 02:45 AM

trying to replace the roof on my house this summer lol...seems I like money pits ... if anyone sees one... I'll pre pay and everything but, $250 is a little extreme. maybe I should look at a 3-D printer and save all of us money lol

Sixpack577 04-16-2018 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by mudpuppy229 (Post 644145)
yeah SixPack I remember you're close... Lol haven't been on in a while but, I know I owe you a beer or six. I got new wiper blades for inspection and it passed...since it wasn't raining. The new blades don't seem to fit to the windshield at the bottom. this sucked really bad when it snowed last week since I had to literally sit up and look out of the top of the windshield to get home. I ordered new arms but, I noticed that when I move the cowl, the wiper arms moved too. Mine is cracked all to sh%$ and I'm thinking that, if I go in and do and overhaul of the wiper drive... I just as well replace the cowl.... since it will fall to pieces when I try to take it off
If you could keep your eyes peeled that would be great!! If you do see one message or call if you don't mind.... 54zero-21nine-9five72. My GF's daughter goes to school down that way and may be able to pick it up. Thanks!

Yes sir
Will do