LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Surround Camera Problem - No Image Displayed

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 05:08 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parts came in and the problem was fixed today 4/26. So far so good. I hope it stays this way.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:53 PM
Mudding

Great to hear! I am still waiting on my parts. Do you know exactly what they fixed? Did they replace the camera and the wiring harness? Is there a technical service bulletin that your dealer can reference and provide you with? I'd love to be able to share with my dealer to find out where things are in the process.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:25 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a bulletin for diagnosis that the dealers can access that includes part numbers. Really handy as well.

Old 07-27-2010, 02:48 PM
2nd Gear

Any updates on this issue? I just picked up a 2010 RRS last night with the surround camera feature and the front right camera is not functioning, simply displaying the blue broken-camera icon. I noticed the rear camera also displays the same icon for a brief moment but the picture then comes on and this delay is only when using the surround camera feature and not the reverse feature.

Any help with TSB #s or dealer implemented remedies would be greatly appreciated as I have an appointment with my service department tomorrow.

Thanks in advance!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:54 AM
Mudding

I have a call into the dealership and will try to get a TSB #. My dealership ended up ordering a new wiring harness and front camera. It took my dealership a few months because they had very few updated harnesses in stock as most were going to production of new models. I would guess the backlog has subsided so they should be able to get the part in less than a week. Where are you located? I am in California and we have had a harder time getting parts quickly here.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:20 AM
2nd Gear

Thanks for the response BD! Yes, a TSB# would be useful as my truck stayed at dealer overnight. I'm located in Washington State and I fear the dealers here may have just as hard a time getting parts. My dealer informed me that this was the first camera issue they had so I shared with them some of the information here in addition to the Car and Driver 2010 Range Rover review where the review car had the blue broken-camera icon issue as well so this is or should be a known issue.

So after the harness and camera replacement has all been good?

Old 08-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Mudding

Hi, no TSB # yet, but will hopefully get more details tomorrow. My dealership had to call the main tech line to validate the issue. I know they have seen hundreds of these issues and should be well informed of the parts. You might want to suggest they call a dealership in California for verification.

Good luck and I'll post more details once I have them.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:23 PM
1st Gear

I just purchased a 2010 model that is having the same camera display described in the thread. Does anyone have an answer to what the fix is? My dealer has had my Rover since Tuesday and is clueless.

Old 07-30-2011, 01:03 PM
Mudding

Hi RoverRulzs,
It has taken me nearly a year to get the issue resolved. They would replace one wiring harness, then it would be fixed for awhile. Once the weather got warm (70+ degrees F), the cameras would startnflickering out. After brining the vehicle in 3 times, plus several calls back to engineering, they order all new harnesses, new fiber optic cable and 5 new cameras. They did an overlay of the old fiber optic network (essentially pulling out all carpeting, etc.). It took about 5 days to get the work done. I know the tech was tired of looking at my car when he was done. This was a painful process and a lot of work. Everything works great now and there have been no issues since.

My suggestion is to ask your dealership to contact a few of the larger dealership service departments to point them in the right direction. I work with a small deakership and they have only had to do this on 2 vehicles. The larger dealerships in CA and NY have likely seen this issue a lot.

LR corporate really screwed this up. The system was not ready for prime time. I give my dealership credit for making it right. In the end, I still love the car. Generally speaking, it has been problem free except a few software updatesand the camera issue.

I suggest building a strong relationship with your service advisor. Be nice and sociable and they will work their tail off for you. There are a lot of a-hole customers, so they'll be happy to work with you if you show patience. Remember, they only sold about 3,000 LR4's in the US in 2010. there are a lot fewer with the surround cameras. Parts are in short supply. These are not Honda's, so a little patience is in order, even though it can be frustrating and seem like you are waiting for an eternity.

Good Luck!

Old 07-31-2011, 09:55 PM
Mudding

hello my friends , the camera issues are due to several things the most common issue being wrong orientation of harnesses in vehicle tight bends etc will cause the signal to drop and thats why they are throwing harnesses at your vehicle. but in all reality it all comes down to one thing, the signal being transmitted. land rover has come up with little amplifiers that will be installed inline with the harness to amplify the signal (make it stronger) so it wont cut out. They are still working on the bugs and will let you guys know when they are available. FYI talk to your dealer to get you on a list because first come first serve and trust me theres a list. Ive been working for land rover for almost 7 years now. Good luck guys

Quick Reply: Surround Camera Problem - No Image Displayed